How Would You Do This Cake

Decorating By kristykgs Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 2:36am by kristykgs

kristykgs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristykgs Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 4

Before I take this job, I wanted everyone's opinion on how they would do this cake. I have this idea in my head, but being a very inexperienced baker, sometimes my ideas don't work.

This is going to be a 3D cake, looking down at an open tulip. Color doesn't matter, this is just a picture I found. Not so much of the stem either. Could just be the petals with a few leaves around it.

My idea was to do a 1/2 ball cake (because it already has the curve), then do the fondant petals big enough to fit around the cake. My problem I see is that the portion of the fondant petals that will be above the cake have not support and will fall.

Thanks
LL

3 replies
jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 4

what if you make the petals with gumpaste? that way they will be dry and won't bend on you?? I'm not real positive on this one but It's an idea!

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:08am
post #3 of 4

Use gumpaste to do the tullip you can get tullip cutters from global sugar art.

kristykgs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristykgs Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 2:36am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your help. I'm not sure if I'm going to take this job since I'm so inexperienced with 3D cakes and the fact that I would only have about 1 week. She just asked me about it yesterday. I will have to decide by tomorrow and let her know.

Thanks again. This is such a great site!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%