I Need A Medevil Cake Or Something Like That.

Baking By beinggreenrules Updated 18 Jun 2008 , 12:48am by playingwithsugar

beinggreenrules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beinggreenrules Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:08am
post #1 of 4

so, I'm also an actress, and we are doing Once Apon A Matress, a medevil so, also a version of the princess princess.gif and the pea, and our show closes in 2 weeks, and I would like to make a medevil cake or something like that. If someone had a recipe that I could use, that would be great, or an idea of how to decorate it. All the help would be greatly apriciated. birthday.gif

3 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:13am
post #2 of 4

If you mean medieval, take a look at Margaret Braun's work. There's some really medieval stuff there.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:45am
post #3 of 4

oh...why not just duplicate the bed w/ the 20 mattresses and poor Fred on top -- contorted, trying to sleep and that little itty bitty pip-squeak of pea peaking out the side from under the bottom mattress. -- for more fun do it PRE unloading of the weaponry...so a lance sticking out there, a shield here, a mace under there, a sword poking out right under Fred?

the bed cake would be nothing more than several layers (oh about 6 to even 8 ) of cake stacked and covered. Fondant easiest for making every mattress -- all 20 of them -- unique.

for more fun could even exaggerate the shape. could make it huge at bottom and narrow to top to make it seem like it's extra tall or do it vice versa -- very wide at top and then narrowing down to smaller base -- a sort of one tier topsy turvy cake. Could even do it a bit wonky so it's not straight up and down but a bit twisted and leaning ever so slightly (poor Fred what's a girl got to do to get a good nights sleep!?!)

and for even more fun -- add sheep with numbers on their sides standing around the bed, jumping over the bed....can't remember just how high she counts them.

------

then there's Fred swimming the moat -- climbing the wall.

------

a rendition of "I'm in Love w/ a Girl Named Fred" complete w/ barbell?

or how about a take on "They Lived Happily Happily Happily Ever After"

hmmmm....could the "Mammalogue" be turned into a cake?

----

or could do a massive tiered cake w/ various scenes from the show (like some of those listed above) scattered over the tiers. -- do it sort of medieval tapestry style -- each tapestry a different scene

---

then again could do a mongo-sized sheet cake that looks like a parchment scroll w/ an official proclamation from King Sextimus or Fred or Prince Dauntless thanking all the loyal subjects for their work in bring about the "marriage"

---

in any event --

BREAK A LEG!!!!

naw -- i never directed the show. icon_rolleyes.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 12:48am
post #4 of 4

Doug -

Is there anything you Don't know? icon_lol.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%