Crumbling Edible Images

Decorating By foxymomma521 Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 9:56pm by DDiva

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 5

I have tried TWICE, unsuccessfully to peel my edible images from the paper backing icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
Every time I try it breaks apart into little pieces. This has never happened before, and I only have one piece of paper left, for a cake for my son's class tomorrow. Can anyone help?! PLEASE

4 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 5

Did you try putting it in the freezer for a few minutes ? I understand that helps.....

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 9:50pm
post #3 of 5

Put it in thr freezer for about 5 mins it should come right off

Molly2

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 5

Oh thank you!! I'll try it with a crumbly one before I try it with my final one. Thank you so much!

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 5

I use images a lot. I'm thinking that if the paper is breaking up that it's very dry. How much time elapsed between the image being made and being used? We always store ours in a plastic bag until ready to use. I've used them a week after they were made doing this.

Is the image paper soft and flexible, or a bit dry? They should always be soft...even after printing.

If it is tearing when you try to remove it, you might put it the freezer for about 10-15 seconds. Loosen it from the backing with a spatula and place it on your cake.

Sometimes if there is a high concentration of color in one area, and the image is still moist, and the room is humid...it will want to tear when the spatula slides between the image and the backing. Turn on your AC and let it sit out for a few minutes.

I use a very thin artist's palette knife. I've rarely ever been able to loosen it over the edge of a table.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%