Can I Put A Fountain On Top Of A Cake Tier?

Decorating By Cakesbykaye Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 2:19am by Juneclever

Cakesbykaye Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 1:20am
post #1 of 5

I have had someone request that I make a 3 tier wedding cake...Heart shaped tiers...
I have used the fountain with the cascade attatchments many times...but they are always UNDER the bottom tier...or sitting out front of the wedding cakes....
But I have someone who wants the fountain to sit on top of the large bottom Cake...then the columns supporting 2 more tiers....
I could really use some info/advice on this....
Can it be done? What size cakes/plates/columns will I need?
Any info would be greatly appreciated...
The cake is for this coming Saturday June 21....
Please email me any info....incase I don't get back to this post again. I'm easily lost on here lol!!!!

4 replies
indydebi Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 1:31am
post #2 of 5

I will email this to you also, but yes you can. Here are some pics of cakes where I've done it:

Because of the space needed by a fountain, I would say your bottom tier has to be a 16" as the 16" plate that will need to be on top of it is as small as you can go (so a 16" plate on top of a 14" cake just wouldnt' look right, ya know? icon_wink.gif )

indydebi Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 1:59am
post #3 of 5

I just remember another fountain cake I did for a small wedding:

I'm pretty sure this cake is using a 14" plate above and below the fountain, so 16" may NOT be the minimum size needed....

(emailing this info to you, too)

joy5678 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 2:10am
post #4 of 5

Indydeb is right just be sure to use enough dowel support in the bottom cake to hold all that weight! icon_lol.gif

Juneclever Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 2:19am
post #5 of 5

I have used my fountain on top of a cake quite a few times. I love the fountain cakes, but most of the girls like the plainer stacked cakes now days. I have attached a cake that I did just 1 year ago, it sat on 6 heart shaped cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%