My Daughter's Wedding Cake

Decorating By desertm Updated 17 Jun 2008 , 3:09pm by tenleysmommy

desertm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
desertm Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 10:29am
post #1 of 16

Hi all,

I just want to share with you the cake I made for my youngest daughter's wedding. It is based on a cake by Colette Peters, from her book Cakes to Dream On, and it was the groom's choice. After baking all the cakes (Belgian chocolate cakes), I was told I would not be able to bring the cake into the venue because of dietary restrictions (I do not have a Kosher certificate). So I stuck the cakes in the freezer to be used in another occasion, did not give up and used dummies for this one. In spite of the frustration, this was the cake that I most enjoyed ever making.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1232552

15 replies
Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 10:52am
post #2 of 16

That is beautiful!!! I love it!!! I used to do quilling but have never tried it on a cake. My parents' anniversary is in July. You may have inspired me to do a cake for them with quilling!!!

Great job!!!

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 11:31am
post #3 of 16

You did a lovely job on the cake. I think your quilling is just lovely.

So what did you serve at the wedding for cake?

Julia

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 11:32am
post #4 of 16

This was so cute and I'm soooo sorry you couldn't take it!! I would have been sooooo sick about it!! Good for you in making a dummy cake! What a lot of work!!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 11:50am
post #5 of 16

You did a WONDERFUL job ! It sounded YUMMY TOO ! Sorry you couldn't serve it..... I would have been heart sick !

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 11:40pm
post #6 of 16

How sad that your daughter couldn't have your cake at her wedding, but what a great solution to make a dummy cake & it is fantastic. Did they get a kosher cake to serve? I actually don't understand how a venue can only allow kosher!!! Is it only a venue for jewish functions?

CheriN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CheriN Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 1:59am
post #7 of 16

Your cake is just gorgeous! You did such a wonderful job! If you need some help eating up those cakes feel free to send some this way! icon_wink.gif They sound delicious! icon_smile.gif

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 2:06am
post #8 of 16

WOW icon_eek.gif That is beautiful!!!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 2:09am
post #9 of 16

What a beautiful cake, you did a great job!

floophs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floophs Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 2:27am
post #10 of 16

What a fun cake! I love your quilling! It's a cake that would make anyone smile. icon_wink.gif

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:11am
post #11 of 16

Ok maybe im dumb but what is quilling?

floophs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floophs Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 1:42pm
post #12 of 16

[quote="Karema"]Ok maybe im dumb but what is quilling?[/quote

If you look at the picture of the wedding cake she did...the right hand side has quilling on the butterfly and also on one of the flowers. I noticed that the leaf on that flower has quilling too. It's that rounded, swirl look. She also has the flower on the upper left picture.

Kids do it often for art projects...they take paper and wrap it around a pencil (or similiar) object to make those little "swirls" if you will. Then they glue it on paper or whatever they are making.

Hope this helps. thumbs_up.gif

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 2:01pm
post #13 of 16

Wonderful cake. So much work and detail. It is so sad you couldn't take the cake to the wedding, I would have been so depressed and disappointed.

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 2:04pm
post #14 of 16

Beautiful job!

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:01pm
post #15 of 16

I saw this one when you uploaded it, I think its very pretty! I read where a previous poster spoke about quilling, I have no clue wht it is or how to do it, but you did a wonderful job.

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:09pm
post #16 of 16

Funny I saw this on Flickr yesterday and added to my favs,I guess I will be doing that again icon_biggrin.gif Wonderful cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%