In Need Of Help Please

Decorating By Theresa50 Updated 15 Jun 2008 , 1:31pm by Theresa50

Theresa50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Theresa50 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 4

please i need some idea's on a wedding cake due by the 19th or 20th.. well i'm not sure if its a wedding cake or not.. i was asked to do a cake for the bride and groom for just them to take home.. the mother said that her daughter already ordered her cake but she was wanting something for just the 2 of them.. so i made a bride and groom on a motorcycle which i am so disappointed in the out come.. the arm is so noticably BAD..lol.. and i'm so down.. i suffer sever fibromyalgia and it picked this week to attack.. so i don't have any idea as to what to do with the cake..does anyone have any ideas that could help me.. i posted the topper and please let me know if you think it needs to be fixed or redone.. this is my first cake at a wedding and i need for it to be awesome..lol. .. its to be a 6 and 9 inch round.. like the elephant and turtle cakes.. she is the one i did the elephant cake for and thats why she was wanting me to do something for her daughter.. but please any help would be so appreciated.. i just don't think good when i hurt so bad..lol.. thank you all so much in advance...

3 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 2:56am
post #2 of 4

I like the topper. I think I'd make a new arm, but otherwise I think it's cute. If you have a picture of the wedding cake you could do something of that general theme. If not, just make it pretty by incorporating their colors, or use a white on white piping decoration maybe?

Either way, I think the topper would look cute if you fix her arm.

I hope you feel better soon!

martmarg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martmarg Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 3:10am
post #3 of 4

i think its cute. I can't really tell where the arm broke. All I see is a a jagged edge where the arm is supposed to be connected. Other than that I think it's really cute. My mom suffers from fibromyalgia and she can't make cakes as often anymore due to the pain. I really hope you do feel better. All the luck.

Theresa50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Theresa50 Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 4

thank you both so very much.. i appreciate you taking the time to help me.. i will definately fix her arm... and thank you for the get well.. happy baking and God bless you and yours..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%