Need Help W/ Chocolate Seashells For Cake

Decorating By rudoo Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 3:42pm by ibmoser

rudoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rudoo Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 4

I know I probably should have posted this in the candy forum, but it didn't seem to be a hoppin forum icon_confused.gif So.....I want to make chocolate seashells to go around a flip flop cake. I have the molds. I have used the wafer chips in the past, but they taste yucky, too waxy. Can I just use reg. choc. chips? Will they set up hard? Thanks. Jonna

3 replies
SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure about the chocolate chips but you can flavor the wafer chips (candy melts) and they taste pretty good. I used Lorann oil flavoring for my seashells made with candy melts and they were pretty good tasting. I used pina colada flavor.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 4

I'm not sure about the chocolate chips but you can flavor the wafer chips (candy melts) and they taste pretty good. I used Lorann oil flavoring for my seashells made with candy melts and they were pretty good tasting. I used pina colada flavor.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 4

You can use chocolate chips, but real chocolate has to be tempered to have a nice sheen and snap when unmolded. You can always luster dust them to hide the lack of shine if you don't temper the melted chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%