Help With Disaster -Cake Not All Way Done.

Decorating By obsogood Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 7:54pm by LNW

obsogood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
obsogood Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 10:48am
post #1 of 3

Wedding cake due in 10 hours. center of cake 14inch not done all the way. Cut away uncooked center and put in scraps that were done from leveling other cakes. using rasp filling. Any other suggestions.

2 replies
CelebrationsbyLori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationsbyLori Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 3

Wow, on a big layer like that, I would really think about just rebaking since you have time. I know that's probably not what you were hoping to hear, but that one is going to take a lot of weight on top even if it's just a couple of tiers on top, and it could cause some splitting problems especially with a filling.
JMO
Lori

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 3

You need to bake another tier. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to do what you are trying to do and it doesnât work. Not only that but I was super embarrassed when it came time to cut the cake and they got to that part and all the piece crumbled into scraps again. Filling isnât going to hold them together. Lucky for me my cake was for a family birthday party and they didnât care. Youâre doing someoneâs wedding cake and Iâm sure they will care. Youâve got plenty of time, just bake another.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%