Decorating By sassycleo Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 3:05am by -K8memphis

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:02pm
post #61 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettycrockermommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

I recommend that you have this thread deleted if you want an ongoing relationship with this vendor.

Did I miss the part where she names the planner? Otherwise, it is just another anonymous post. How would the planner know it was even her talking? I seriously doubt that "sassycleo" is really her name, anymore than my actual name is "bettycrockermommy" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Come on, really? icon_surprised.gif

icon_eek.gif maybe k8memphis *IS* the "planner"..... icon_biggrin.gif

Just kidding...don't kill me now please. icon_rolleyes.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:05pm
post #62 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycleo

Wait, you mean sassycleo isn't my name?!?!?! haha

*pulling out my birth certificate* First Name: Umm wow geez look at that it isn't listed as sassy, I wonder what it states for my last name.... Last Name: Well I'll be darned it isn't cleo either..... *winks*

Thanks BCM I was basically thinking the same thing this morning when I read the reply but opted to ignore the negativity icon_smile.gif

This just made me laugh!!! And I love that I am now an abbreviation! hehehehe icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Bettycrockermommy Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:06pm
post #63 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

Quote:

Quote:

I recommend that you have this thread deleted if you want an ongoing relationship with this vendor.

Did I miss the part where she names the planner? Otherwise, it is just another anonymous post. How would the planner know it was even her talking? I seriously doubt that "sassycleo" is really her name, anymore than my actual name is "bettycrockermommy" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

icon_eek.gif maybe k8memphis *IS* the "planner"..... icon_biggrin.gif

Just kidding...don't kill me now please. icon_rolleyes.gif

LMAO!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:08pm
post #64 of 70

Well, SassyCleo-I won't give your real name icon_wink.gif. I am excited about another cake for your business! I know the cake will be beautiful!
terri

Bettycrockermommy Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:10pm
post #65 of 70

hehehehe

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:40pm
post #66 of 70
Quote:

Quote:

It DOES happen...

Let me refer you to this thread: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=388743&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

k8memphis seemed to me to be expressing concern that sassycleo was doing something that may harm her business. I tend to agree. Sassycleo may hide under a moniker, but she clearly has a link to her website in her profile and on every post she makes.

Is it likely to happen? Probably not. Is sassycleo willing to take that risk? Apparently so. Was k8memphis wrong for warning her? I don't think so.

Ultimately, whatever sassycleo does is up to her - but some of us who see red flags will warn others of the danger.

Whether or not you share in someone's concern for your welfare, the least you can do is appreciate their interest in your "well being". Just sayin'...

Bettycrockermommy Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:53pm
post #67 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked

Quote:

Quote:

It DOES happen...

Let me refer you to this thread: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=388743&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

k8memphis seemed to me to be expressing concern that sassycleo was doing something that may harm her business. I tend to agree. Sassycleo may hide under a moniker, but she clearly has a link to her website in her profile and on every post she makes.

Is it likely to happen? Probably not. Is sassycleo willing to take that risk? Apparently so. Was k8memphis wrong for warning her? I don't think so.

Ultimately, whatever sassycleo does is up to her - but some of us who see red flags will warn others of the danger.

Whether or not you share in someone's concern for your welfare, the least you can do is appreciate their interest in your "well being". Just sayin'...

point taken.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 18 Jun 2008 , 7:54pm
post #68 of 70

I was just about to post that link and here comes Brandi. icon_smile.gif I completely agree. It may seem unlikely but it does happen and I really don't think the suggestion was meant with ill will. Not to mention, I would recognize all those damn flavors. LOL

Best of luck with the cake!

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 12:09am
post #69 of 70

Point was taken - however had the original mood been a little bit more "friendly, warm" it may have had a little bit more of a warm reception.

I know personally when someone (no matter how much experience they may or may not have) starts preaching to me it's an automatic turn off. There are positive ways to go about instance such as this.

I will add, yes I do have my website - however I actually never said anything bad about the planner. Yes I doubted at first if this person was a planner and I did feel that our first correspondence went a bit unprofessionally. However there was nothing wrong with making that public. I haven't posted the name or anything to that sort so there was no bad press about this person. In fact I even went as far as to put an update stating how the meeting went and how I was glad to see that things hadn't turned out badly.

This is a board for professionals as well as the casual hobbyist. In regards to professionals this is a place for us to come and bounce what we are going through off of others to get their take and point of view, because maybe they can see a situation in a different "light" and in doing so help ward off or resolve any issues. That is exactly what I did. I used the post as a way turn what could have possibly been a transaction gone bad into a transaction that is going to be absolutely wonderful with the possibility for future business.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 3:05am
post #70 of 70

Sassy, I think you're gonna be as great as Colette Peters and Amazing Mike put together. I hope your family has nothing but sweet health, good fortune and God's richest blessings always.

Here's a collection of your quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycleo

I received a call from a "planner" in the past day. I say "planner" because I am already annoyed with this one.

So the call I get is from a woman who says she's a "planner". She is an owner of Country Gourmet, Chef Owner/Event Planner.

So she doesn't call me, I had to call her today which is what started my referring to her as a "planner".

yes there is a PITA involved but I don't believe it's the couple. I'm a bit irritated this "planner" is so lax in returning phone calls etc, especially since the wedding is only a month away.

I whole heartedly agree with you Debi. I was shocked at the list this "planner" sent over. I could care less if she is a chef yadda yadda. If your a chef then why aren't you providing the cake?

I also feel that an experience planner knows what goes into a tasting all of the work and prep. They I feel understand that it's more of a small taste and meet with the designer.

I am annoyed she said she was going to call and instead emailed. Maybe this was her way of trying to get to taste all of these flavors with out actually having to discuss it over the phone and hear the words no?

This was my reply - I think it was short to the point of letting her know I never agreed on the millions of flavors and that she had dropped the proverbial ball a bit.

I'm tired of these "planners" who think they are going to be the boss. Um, no sorry I'm the one in charge of my business thank you very much!,...lol

My website also states how many flavors to pick and that is how she found me.

I read rants and vents all the time on CC. This is a place where we can come and do that. We can also get advice from others

Simple business etiquette, if you tell someone you are going to call, then follow through and make the call.

Signed with Love & Prayers,
Your Friend,
Kate

PS We will meet someday at a cake thing and we will laugh together uproariously about the trauma and drama of being cakers and about this thread--that I hope to God you're going to delete ASAP. And we will be friends. Well I am your friend, Cake-Buddy I got your back.

Can't wait to see the picture of that cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%