Need Help Quick!!!

Decorating By potatocakes Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 6:11pm by potatocakes

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 11

My son's birthday party is tonight and I'm feeling like the worst mom in the world. These last two weeks have been my busiest ever as far as cakes and general life go, and I hate that I've put my son's cake on the back burner. But anyway, here's my dilemma -- my son wants a soccer cake with plastic figures (he wanted me to make them from fondant but I told him I just wouldn't have time -- so I'm already feeling bad about that). Anyway, I didn't think ahead enough to order the soccer cake kit with the plastic goals and people online, and now I'm wondering if I can even get them locally! Does anyone know if Michael's, Hobby Lobby or Walmart, or any kind of party store generally carries this? I'm at work right now and can't get out right now to check the stores. I feel so terrible. He kept asking me if I could do his cake first (before the other 2 I have that are due) because he was afraid I was not going to get his done and I promised him I would have it done! I'm going to spend my lunch hour icing the cake, but if I don't have the plastic figures I don't know what I'm going to do. I just don't want to disappoint him. icon_cry.gif

If anybody has any ideas, or you've bought this kit at a local store, please let me know! Thanks so much!!!

10 replies
BigTexinWV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BigTexinWV Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 11

I am pretty sure that AC Moore has the soccer set. I was looking last week for Baseball and all I could find was soccer and golf!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 11

You might also try the grocery store bakeries. If they have it they might sell it to you. Good Luck!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 11

My grocery store sells them to me! Good luck!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 11

Wal-mart will sometimes sell them, you could always call and ask!

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 11

Michaels has the little soccer figures, wilton makes tham I believe

martmarg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martmarg Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:18pm
post #7 of 11

hobby lobby has them as well

judylynnturner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judylynnturner Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:20pm
post #8 of 11

Go to the toy section at WalMart and look for some action figures with soccor as the theme. They usually come with the little ball, net, figures, etc...

That is what I do whenever I need something last minute.

Too often we get hung up on the fact it is for a cake and must come from the craft store and we totally overlook something that might be as close as the nearest dollar store or WalMart.

Good luck!

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:21pm
post #9 of 11

I've seen them at Michaels. I know at least the one in Hilliard Ohio has them. I wanted to use them for a soccer cake but my daughter said they were all boys and she wanted girl soccer players for her cake.

Mothersuperior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mothersuperior Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:21pm
post #10 of 11

I have seen them in Micheals, good luck

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 6:11pm
post #11 of 11

Thank you all so much! I hadn't even thought of asking at the bakeries! Like someone posted (Judy), I was thinking "cake" and all that came to mind were Michael's (which I can't get to until late tonight) and Hobby Lobby! I was able to run by Kroger on my lunch hour and buy a soccer kit from their bakery.

Thanks again, everyone!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%