Hello cookie makers!
The June 2008 Cookie Club theme isâ¦âsailing.â That means that ANY cookies you make related to sailing fits the theme. Have fun creating!!!
Just to refresh your memory (and for any new members), here are the "guidelines" for the cookie club posts (from Cake_Princess' original post):
*Anyone can join us any month they choose! We love to have new members! This isnât a contest, just a way to share ideas, be creative, and learn new things related to cookies!!
* The group consensus was that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). Meaning if you have a previous pictures of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme, please do not use them for your entry in the cookie club. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing.
* Please post pictures in this thread (Do not create a separate thread for your pictures). Please post a maximum of 3 picture uploads (per person) for the monthly theme. You may, however, use graphics programs to create a collage of different pictures/angles that count as one picture post.
* Please wait to post monthly theme cookies to your personal album/ cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired (the end of the month). I know you are anxious for everyone to see your cookies in your album, but keeping the monthly theme creations in only the thread for the entire month helps to increase traffic to the cookie club thread, which will help to keep it going and hopefully get more people interested in taking part. When the month is over, please feel free to post as many pictures as you wish to the galleries. We do love to see pictures!!
* Feel free to use any edible medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating (so no play-doh!). In your post, please let us know about your creation â the type of cookie, the medium you used to decorate your cookies, any techniques that you used, etc.
* The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme. If the design choice is not obvious, please let us know why you chose the design you did (for example, if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera relates to music).
* Everyone who wishes to has an opportunity to suggest a theme in the monthly suggestion thread, and all themes suggested are considered and commented on by interested members of the community. The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by Cake_Princess or Bonniebakes (the theme is chosen based on what seems to have the most support for that particular month from the group in the suggestions thread (posted during the last week of the previous month) and any PMs Cake_Princess or Bonniebakes receives. It is not necessarily by an actual âvoteâ count.). The new theme is posted near the beginning of the month. If your suggestion wasnât chosen this month, please suggest it again in the future!
Happy Baking, everyone! I canât wait to see the results!!
I am relatively new to CC and even newer to decorating cookies. This is the first I hear about this monthly "contest". I look forward to participating in the future.
I'm fairly new to the site and definetly to the cookie forum. I wanted to try do something but there just doesn't seem to be enough time. My grandma is coming to visit and we're in the middle of a huge remodle at work. And now I'm starting to get some cake orders after not doing any for years. Are there any ideas as to what next months theme is going to be? One of these days I really want to try to make some cookies.
Welcome to the cookie club!
There is a thread for suggestiosn for next months theme. Feel free to chime in!!
I truly had every intention of posting pictures for this month. Unfortunately, the night I was going to make the cookies we were hit by a massive storm. It took out my big tree in the front yard, as well as power to 120,000 people. We still do not have power, and probably won't for an entire week. So no cookie baking, no cake baking. I had big plans for a sailing theme cake for my twins' 20th birthday on Saturday. Instead, they got to spend their birthday cutting and hauling tree debris from not only our yard, but their grandmother's as well. Plus the 75 year old neighbor of their grandmas. How can you not offer to help when you see this nice, little old man, trying to tackle what's left of his big old ash tree? Sigh. It's going to be a very long week! No computers...no email...no blow driers or curling irons for an entire week. At least I can get on the computer at work during my lunch break, so I won't have to go cold turkey for my CC habit!