What Is Going On???... (Venting)

Decorating By catin Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 7:38am by fondantfrenzy

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 8

I posted some recent pictures of the Fondant Figures I made (last night) and now this morning ... They are no where to be found . How could this happen? The only one that is in the gallery is the one of all three of the figures together (which is a very unfair picture ... to boot) . The one 's that are no where to be found are individual pics of the figures .

I'm so proud that I complished something so time consumming (first time with figures ) and now I can't even show them off .. icon_confused.gif

7 replies
mary-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary-ann Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 12:41pm
post #2 of 8

Just guessing but they were probably deleted because of the no duplicate pictures rulle.

andromedaslove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andromedaslove Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 8

I have a picture that has disappeared too, and it's not a duplicate. You can find the picture in the gallery, but it isn't in my photos. It's the butt cake.

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 8

My cakes that are in the naughty gallery are not showing in my photos either. I think (I could be wrong) that's in case someone checks out your photos and they could be underage or otherwise offended on those pics. You have to request permission to view the naughty gallery.
Does that make sense.

andromedaslove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andromedaslove Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 8

You know what... maybe that is why. The cake that isn't showing is a "butt" cake. I guess I "could" have put it in clothing, since it is actually covered like a bikini cake, but I decided just in case I would put it in the naughty gallery. I never thought about that... thanks!!

Dana

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 6:58am
post #6 of 8

If you posted 3 individual pics of the same three figures you posted in a single photo in the gallery, I'd bet that is indeed the problem (no duplicate photos). However I do believe that you can edit your original pic i.e. reupload the photo using the Edit This Photo link underneath your picture. If your 3 indiividual pics were of better quality than the shot that's in there now, perhaps you can collage them together into one photo and then replace your current pic with the new collage??

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 7:19am
post #7 of 8

Here's a thread on the current photo gallery "no duplicates" policy:
(Has info on making collages.)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-587580.html

HTH

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 7:38am
post #8 of 8

Same thing happened to me. I have a little contest with myself and the one that got deleted had 7 favorites, my goal is have at least one of my pictures show up on the all time favorites part. To me 7 is a lot and more and more were getting added each day. I just wanted to cry. But I think its becuase its a duplicate photo. But it pissed me off, but then again, it is the terms and conditions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%