Kahlua Cake?

Baking By shanzah67 Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 4:28am by shanzah67

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 6:11pm
post #1 of 4

I have searched the internet and found close to what I am looking for but not quite THE recipe. I have never made this cake but have eaten it a few times and it is soooooooooo good! icon_eek.gif The recipe calls for the following:

Swiss chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding mix, kahlua, and basic things like eggs, etc.

It makes a VERY moist but dense rich cake. This cake needs no icing whatsoever. It is that good!

I don't have the measurement or the cooking instructions. The person that made the cake for me was my ex-husband and he would not even give me the recipe when we were married icon_confused.gif

I don't know if anyone has a "tried and true" recipe for something like this but thought I would ask anyway. Otherwise, I will just play around with it and hope to get it right eventually.

Thanks in advance for any input!

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 4

I would take the swiss chocolate cake mix, add 4 eggs, package of chocolate pudding, and amount of oil called for on the box. Take the amount of water called for on the box and replace half or so of it with the kahlua. You do not want to replace all of the water because it will make the cake dry when the alcohol evaporates.

I've done this with devil's food cake mix and have had great results.

CakeDiva70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva70 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 4

whatever liquids I am adding to the cake ..........I delete 1/4 of the liquid and add the kahlua.

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:28am
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much to you both....I will give your suggestions a try thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%