The Kitchenaid....how Good Is It Really??

Decorating By janebrophy Updated 7 Jun 2008 , 11:35pm by janebrophy

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 11

Ok, so I'm really considering buying my first KA. My one dilemma is this - How noisy is it?? My current mixer makes a LOT of noise, so much that while running it, I am always looking over my shoulder, cause I can't hear anything that's going on! Is the KA going to run quietly??
And is it really going to be THAT good??? I am set on the KA as far as brand goes, cause I found a really good deal! icon_rolleyes.gif

10 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 12:36am
post #2 of 11

I have 2 KA's and love them both. (I actually prefer the older one best, which was made by Hobart.) They are not that loud to run.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 12:54am
post #3 of 11

The BEST !!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Mizuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mizuki Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 1:14am
post #4 of 11

I know I'm the minority here, but please research all the brands before you buy. I have a Cuisinart, and I'll never go back to KA!! I highly recommend it! But, I've also heard really good things about the Viking mixers. If you research and still decide on the KA, then you won't feel that "what if" later on.
Just a thought...
Good luck!

icon_wink.gif

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 5:53am
post #5 of 11

I actually just bought the 7qt cuisinart and I have the 6qt Kitchen Aid also which is my baby.. I really like the power of the cuisinart but I HATE the big tall bowl!!! Maybe cause Im used to my Kitchen Aid I don't know..but overall they are both great mixers.

lisa78332 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa78332 Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:06am
post #6 of 11

I use mine for everything!!! I absolutely love it. During the Christmas Holidays, I make pan de polvo. (mexican powder cookies). My mom used to make it but knead the dough by hand, which took forever. I'm going on my third christmas making it w/ my KA. And my mom can't get over how easy it is now.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:11am
post #7 of 11

I (like mkolmer) have 2 KA's -- one of mine is the older style made by Hobart (estate sale find!!). The other is the basic 4.5 quart style. The larger, older one is definitely louder than the newer one, but I can still have a conversation while they are on. I may not be able to hear the TV which is about 30 feet away -- but I love my KA's!!

I have not tried any other heavy duty brands to compare my KA's with. I think you will love it!

Suze

aliciababcock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciababcock Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:48am
post #8 of 11

I love my KA, but it is the only brand I have had. I got mine almost 2 years ago and have used it so much. I had 3 cakes due this weekend and I made a huge batch of buttercream all at once which is so wonderful, plus I made a double batch of fondant in it without any trouble.

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 7:50am
post #9 of 11

I love-love-love my KA!! I am thinking I need another one now, and wouldn't even consider shopping for any other brand!!

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 8:04am
post #10 of 11

I have two KAs. One is my "American" 110 v., which is older and was made by Hobart. The other is my "British" 220 v. I love them both, but I find that the newer one is a bit louder...but I can still hear the other stuff that is going on.
Somehow, my kitchen wasn't complete until it has a KA.
Hope you find one that works for you.

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 11:35pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks for the replies, I couldn't get on to the site until now! I really appreciate all opinions! I've tried to do as much research as I can, but without using the machines it's really hard to have an "informed" decision!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%