Air Brush

Decorating By dare2bloved Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 6:50pm by dare2bloved

dare2bloved Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dare2bloved Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:28pm
post #1 of 4

I am venturing out and trying new things icon_biggrin.gif Now I am looking to buy an air bursh, where would b e a good plac eto start and the second question would be how do you mix the color ? How does that work? Thanks

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:34pm
post #2 of 4

I have a Kopykake Airmaster and I love it.It has a controlled action trigger and a knob to control the spray.I only really mix colors when I want a lighter shade of purple like lavender etc..The colors are all pre-mixed you just buy them as is but the must be airbrush colors.Americolor sells a great line and so does chefmaster available at most cake decorating stores online.

dennishaskins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dennishaskins Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 4

i actually have an airbrush city airbrush and i really like it as well. i did a good amount of research before i bought one and this one just seemed right for me. as for mixing colors i never buy the colors premixed, i have all the primary colors and then black (just to use as a darkening agent.) i bought a big thing of dixie cups and use those to mix the colors in. if i want a really light color i will dilute the colors with lemon extract and just make sure i dont use alot of pressure and hold it farther away. my biggest piece of advice is to just get one, and play with it. it will take your decorating to a whole new level.

dare2bloved Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dare2bloved Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 4

wow I can't wait. I am always looking for something else to learn...lol I found my thing...I love doing cakes. I have tried all kinds of crafts and floral and cakes seem to be what I am better at.....thanks for all your help.... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%