Help! Need Ideas For Jungle Theme Cake

Decorating By cshelz Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 7:57pm by mrskennyprice

cshelz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cshelz Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 5:35am
post #1 of 3

My daughter is having her party and would like a jungle cake. I am still learning but would like to do something cute. I will be serving about 20 people and would love ideas. Any tips on a 9x13(placing one on another) would be great. It is always off a little and I can not seem to slide the cake onto the first one correctly. icon_redface.gif

Thanks

Michelle

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:03pm
post #2 of 3

put your second cake on a cake board and then just line up the edges and slide it onto the next cake slowly.

mrskennyprice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrskennyprice Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 3

I made a jungle cake for my son's first birthday when I was just learning...I copied from a book from the library - I think it was an english book with a purple cover...anyway, I'll pm you a photo if you want. Basically I covered the cake with choc buttercream and then made tree trunks out of fondant and put them on the sides of the cake. I cut green fondant circles out and kind of 'squnched' the sides and placed them on the top, to look like a leaf canopy. Out of the top I made 2 giraffe heads sticking up (attached to toothpicks) and out of the trees on the sides were a snake wrapped around a tree, an elephant trunk and some sets of yellow eyes. It was cute and the fondant work wasn't so overwhelming that it was daunting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%