Anyone Out There With A Fondant Sheeter--- Help!

Decorating By Cascades Updated 2 Jun 2008 , 1:10am by Cascades

Cascades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cascades Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 12:01am
post #1 of 5

I just tried my fondant sheeter that I bought used. It works really well, but since I bought it used from and auction supplier, I don't have directions. At first I felt like I Love Lucy. That thing shoots out FAST!
I am having a hard time catching it before it folds up on me. Also what do you do to keep the fondant from sticking. I used cornstarch but I was wondering if i should use Santin Ice with it and not my MMF. I would appreciate any help I can get. Any Tips?

4 replies
Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:04am
post #2 of 5

I don't have one but this will give you a bit of a bump and maybe you can contact the manufaturer and get a manual sent to you.

JUDI

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:05am
post #3 of 5

I don't have one, but would LOVE one! Keep us posted on how it works out for you. My main worry would be keeping it super clean since fondant picks up anything and if it can roll it wide enough to be worth the expense. How wide is yours?

Cascades Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:06am
post #4 of 5

Thanks Judy, that's a good idea. I might be able to e-mail them.

Anne

Cascades Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:10am
post #5 of 5

It's a 20" fondant sheeter, but it really only rolls out about 17 to 18 inches. Once I get it there though its really quick to roll out the extra inches. I just make it a little thick than I need and that gives me enough to get the extra inches. (does that make sense?)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%