Wedding Cake Ideas (Help)

Decorating By Gatorfan01 Updated 30 May 2008 , 5:22pm by KASCARLETT

Gatorfan01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gatorfan01 Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:38pm
post #1 of 2

I have committed myself to making a wedding cake for a friend who is getting married on Sunday. It's going to be a small very informal wedding (her third) so I don't want to do anything elaborate for the cake. She doesn't know I'm making her a wedding cake. After the ceremony the SS class is going to have refreshments in the class room so I thought I would surprise the couple with a wedding cake. This will be my first wedding cake. I'm thinking of doing a 10" tier with a 6" stacked on top.

I just can't get "started" and I'm wasting time. I can't think of any flavors to make my cakes. I make an awesome pound cake and thought I'd do that for the 10" layers but not sure what to use as my filling. It's a 5 flavor pound cake recipe (I won 2nd place at the state fair with this cake so it's like my "signature" cake). I also have an awesome sour cream pound cake recipe I can use but what flavor for the filling? Any ideas for the 6" layer?

As far as decorating it goes, I think I'm going to do white buttercream frosting with some pink fondant roses. I also thought about a pink ribbon around the layers.

Any and all tips/suggestions etc. most welcome!

1 reply
KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 2

Hello, you have some great ideas there. It sounds really pretty. As for the flavor, well, make your pound cake -or the sour cream pound cake, both sound divine! (or make each size a different flavor and you can use both recipes!) I LOVE raspberry filling and I think it would be great! If I don't use just buttercream for the filling, I use raspberry - the seedless spreadable raspberry jam that you can buy at the grocer. (And it is AWESOME with chocolate too! lol)

You can just make a simple pretty pink rose bouquet or one larger pink rose with leaves for the topper.

How sweet of you to do this!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%