Need Some Cute Idea For My Husband

Decorating By farmom3 Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 5:53am by miny

farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:01am
post #1 of 20

hi every body ,i want make cake for my DH ,He is in los vegas now for jewelry show and come back home next week .do you have any idea for welcome back cake?? .I want something very cute ,thanks a lot

19 replies
Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:04am
post #2 of 20

does he have any hobbies?

farmom3 Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:18am
post #3 of 20

HE loves scuba diving and watching TV and ice cream.I don't have any idea for the cake icon_cry.gif

Batter-UpBakery Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:21am
post #4 of 20

how about doing a sofa cake like the one in your photos, only make a figure wearing scuba gear sitting on the couch watching tv. the tv could be made out of cake or rice crispies. maybe have a bowl of ice cream sitting in his lap.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:31am
post #5 of 20

Wow, ladyhitman that is a great idea! I couldn't think of anything better. icon_surprised.gif

Batter-UpBakery Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:34am
post #6 of 20

thanks, just wish i could come up with ideas for myself lol im stuck on a luau theme right now

farmom3 Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:38am
post #7 of 20

wow ,very funy, make me laugh icon_biggrin.gif thinking about my DH wearing his scuba gear and eating ice cream in front of TV icon_biggrin.gif but I am not that good to making all this detail. icon_cry.gifI wish I could. but thank you so so much,love your idea

Batter-UpBakery Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:47am
post #8 of 20

oh im sure you can do it. I looked at your cakes and you and fondant seem to be friends lol. Besides how will you know wether or not you can do it unless you try. This would be the best time to do it since the cake would be for ur DH. I think u can do it icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

YanYan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YanYan Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:52am
post #9 of 20

you can do a vegas themed cake with ring pops as the jewelry.

all you need for vegas is some poker chips
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=50397

maybe you can buy a few chocolate gold coins at the side and fan out some fondant 'cards' place a few jewels (like the ring pop i spoke about or some fondant pearls etc.)
at the side then put "i hit the jackpot with you babe, welcome back or something.

Hope it helps good luck!!

P.s. - to make the board fancy you can put a mardi type of mask beside it you know the ones with feathers at the side you can find that at a costume shop

miny Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:30am
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by farnazmom3

wow ,very funy, make me laugh icon_biggrin.gif thinking about my DH wearing his scuba gear and eating ice cream in front of TV icon_biggrin.gif but I am not that good to making all this detail. icon_cry.gifI wish I could. but thank you so so much,love your idea

You are never going to know if you don't try. What a better time to practice than making cakes for your family, nothing is going to happend if it doesn't come out perfect, just try I know you can do it, I saw your pics, you have talent, come on, it's a great idea, don't push yourself down without even giving it a try!!!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Batter-UpBakery Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:00am
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by miny

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnazmom3

You are never going to know if you don't try. What a better time to practice than making cakes for your family, nothing is going to happend if it doesn't come out perfect, just try I know you can do it, I saw your pics, you have talent, come on, it's a great idea, don't push yourself down without even giving it a try!!!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

AMEN LOL

farmom3 Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:13am
post #12 of 20

OK GUYS!!!!!!!!!! ,thank you so much for helping me and telling me to try it ,ok i will try,I think for sofa , Tv and ice cream i can figure it out but for the scuba man ???? icon_eek.gif I need your help, I don't know how to do that,thanks
again for your time and idea icon_smile.gif

Batter-UpBakery Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:46am
post #13 of 20

you could make the scuba guy out of fondant. i think it would just be a matter of rolling out ropes of fondant in different sizes and then flattening out two peices for the flippers. please post a pic so we can see what you came up with!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

miny Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:54am
post #14 of 20

Look I'm also new in doing figurines but I found a book at Michaels called "Imagine your world in clay" by Maureen Carlson and it shows you the basics to do it, just change the clay for fondant or GP. I loved it because it's a good book for beginers but there are a lot more books if you want to check them out. I hope this helps. icon_wink.gif

Batter-UpBakery Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:16am
post #15 of 20

oh thanks for posting that miny, i am gonna have to go buy that book cause im not so good at figures either

edith123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edith123 Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:43am
post #16 of 20

wow! I think I'm going to be looking for that book too! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif Thanks for posting this. thumbs_up.gif

farmom3 Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:36pm
post #17 of 20

Thank you all, very very much icon_biggrin.gif

aurea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aurea Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 5:25pm
post #18 of 20

I also would like to make one for my husband, but i'm very new at this, so please, in case you make can you help me and also can you post the picture.
thanks.

farmom3 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 5:44pm
post #19 of 20

sorry guys, my son was sick and I was alone with 3 kids in the house I have to make somthing much easer, I make this cake for him and I use a real bottle,but the cake is so yummy and maybe it is good idea for a gift you give a cake and a mini liqeuer too,and you can use the same flavor to the cake if it's for an adult ,this cake is Bailey's Irish cream cake but we don't have mini Irish cream liqeuer at home icon_cry.gif
I hope you like it and thanks again for that nice idea(forgive me about my english) icon_redface.gif
LL
LL

miny Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 5:53am
post #20 of 20

Great job, your cake came out really nice, icon_eek.gif see?, you don't need our help, girl you do great on your own!!!, I wish I could do wood panels as yours. I bet your DH loved it. icon_cool.gif
Now what I would love is for you to share your Bailey's cake recipe, icon_razz.gif sounds soooooooo yummy, I hope you can, if you do, can you please pm me?
Thanks and again congratulations!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%