Wilton Classes At Michael's-- Help!!!!

Decorating By beth1819 Updated 30 May 2008 , 7:03pm by disneynutbsv

beth1819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth1819 Posted 29 May 2008 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 8

I have been decorating on my own for about a year and a half but have only taken the first Wilton class. I have the opportunity to take class 2 in June but am wondering if it would be beneficial since I have gotten quite a bit of experience on my own. I have my pictures on a website I created. If anyone who knows about these classes could take a look and see if you think the rest of the classes would be beneficial for me I would appreciate your opinions. You can get to my gallery at www.pieceofcakeshop.com Thanks for your help!!!! I get such wonderful inspiration from the CC family!!

7 replies
ericaann79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaann79 Posted 29 May 2008 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 8

The other wilton classes teach you about royal icing and the 3rd class is fondant. I took all the classes. I enjoyed class 2 because they tought a bunch of flowers out of royal. But on the other hand you can definitely teach yourself those things by reading on this site or watching videos. The 3rd class, fondant, not worth the time. Looks like you know everything that they teach in that one...it was boring for me.

dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 29 May 2008 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 8

The Wilton class will teach alot of flowers, gumpaste and RI, so it is kind of up to you. You do good work!

iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 29 May 2008 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 8

Wilton classes in my opinion are good to learn things from. Definately keep YOUR style, but NO ONE is ever so good at cakes that they couldn't learn something new, that might benefit you in the future. If you feel you didn't "Vibe" with your course 1 teacher, switch to a different location. We should always be open to learn, from anyone! Good luck deciding! WHo knows you may make some major architectural or strategical changes in your method!

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 29 May 2008 , 11:54pm
post #5 of 8

It's my opinion that you would be bored...

YouCaterer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YouCaterer Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:13am
post #6 of 8

I'm in the same boat as you but I don't think my work is as good. I think the best part is looking forward to being able to decorate without distractions!! icon_biggrin.gif

beth1819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth1819 Posted 30 May 2008 , 6:45pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for your opinions! I absolutely feel like i still have lots to learn, just wasn't sure if those were the best classes for me! I think I will take the rest of them, even if I learn one thing that I can apply to my work it's worth it right! THanks again!

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 30 May 2008 , 7:03pm
post #8 of 8

Hey, I just wanted to say I love your Santa upside down going down the Chimney! Very cuteicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%