Luau Theme For End Of School Party!!

Decorating By Batter-UpBakery Updated 30 May 2008 , 3:09am by Molly2

Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 29 May 2008 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 11

Need some ideas for DD party at school. They are having a Luau to celebrate the kids moving on from elementary school. I need to do something for around 50-60 ppl. I was thinking a CCC but have never done one and I think that would be way to big for me to haul lol.

TIA

10 replies
Batter-UpBakery Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:19am
post #2 of 11

anybody???

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:26am
post #3 of 11

What about a volcano? And then an island? I'm doing that for my brother's luau birthday party

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:28am
post #4 of 11

Here is one that I did......there are quite a few like this one that inspired me in the gallery....just run a search on luau............

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1225312

terrier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrier Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:29am
post #5 of 11

Just this week someone did a cupcake cake in the Luau theme and it was so cute!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1226095

Cheers!

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:33am
post #6 of 11

Just this week We did a Luau Theme at my childs school I don't have pic yet but we had a tiki hut I made a cup cake tower it had a tropical theme to it the bottom was cup cake decorated like water with different candy fish toppers the second level had cupcakes with the beach theme crushed graham crackers as toppers looked like sand they also had gum paste fil flop umbrellas white chocolate shells the the next two levels have green frosting with tropical gum paste flowers and the very top teir had a volcano decorate with air brushed paint and flowwer and candy rocks it was a hit

Molly

terrier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrier Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:36am
post #7 of 11

I just read that was made with 29 cupcakes... you could do two in different colours... would be cute!

or...

one shirt and then do cupcakes piped in blue icing and add little bears on surf boards... you could just use teddy grams or gummie bears and stick them into lifesavers and have then looking like there are swimming in the sea in tubes...
Would be cute!

Batter-UpBakery Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:39am
post #8 of 11

I love all those ideas, i would love to see a pic of the one you just did Molly2

Batter-UpBakery Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:41am
post #9 of 11

oh i love that idea terrier. im thinking with the shirt i could do the school colors, yellow & blue, and do more cupcakes like you said.

EmmyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmmyD Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:49am
post #10 of 11

for my high school graduation party we got a sheet cake from our local grocery store (i love their cakes, and it was before i started making cakes) we had them do a basic white cake with lots of buttercream tropical flowers in vibrant colors all around the sides and corners with a message in the middle. It looked really awesome because of all of the fun colors and flowers.

On a side note, the bakery was just excited it wasnt the standard scroll cake for a graduation party. Wishing you the best of luck and hopefully you will figure something out.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:09am
post #11 of 11

As soon as I get my pic I'll post

Molly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%