Freezing Nfsc?

Baking By cakekrayzie Updated 2 Jun 2008 , 6:42pm by cookieswithdots

cakekrayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekrayzie Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:34am
post #1 of 8

Iâm sure this question has been asked before but I canât find a topic on this, but I was wondering I have a few orders coming up one at the end of this month and a few next month I want to make all of the batches of dough that I will need and putting them in the freezer, my question is how long can the dough be frozen for? I have frozen it before but never longer than a week, help.

7 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 May 2008 , 11:18am
post #2 of 8

frozen has that "almost forever" stamp on it! For my nephew's graduation, I baked the cookies and then froze them. So on party weekend, I only had to pull them out and ice them. They tasted as fresh as the day I baked them.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 29 May 2008 , 11:38am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

frozen has that "almost forever" stamp on it! For my nephew's graduation, I baked the cookies and then froze them. So on party weekend, I only had to pull them out and ice them. They tasted as fresh as the day I baked them.

I agree. Both the dough and the baked cookies - especially a nice reliable NFSC - can definitely keep in the freezer for a while.

However, can I add a follow-up question? I'm afraid to freeze iced cookies (antonia74 royal or Toba's glace). Can this be done?

Thanks - Pat

cakekrayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekrayzie Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:28am
post #4 of 8

thank you guys so much but i have one more question i baked some cookies today for an order that was suppose to be on Saturday and after i baked she called and told me she got the date wrong and its next Saturday, so i froze the baked cookies, my question is how do i store them once there frozen? do i just put them in freezer bags, do i wrap them then put them in the bag help icon_redface.gif

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 8

I usually freeze all of my cookies (NFSC). Lately, I've baked, and applied rolledbutteream and then freeze them. I layer them in a container, putting parchment paper in between the layers. It has worked great for me. They are all ready to go to decorate a few days before. To me this is the only way to go especially if you have a lot to do.

I found some great containers at Wally World, about $4.00 each. I use these things for all of my baking. They stack great and have handles too.

Good luck!
Melissa

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 11:37pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezformom

I usually freeze all of my cookies (NFSC). Lately, I've baked, and applied rolledbutteream and then freeze them. I layer them in a container, putting parchment paper in between the layers. It has worked great for me. They are all ready to go to decorate a few days before. To me this is the only way to go especially if you have a lot to do.

I found some great containers at Wally World, about $4.00 each. I use these things for all of my baking. They stack great and have handles too.

Good luck!
Melissa

pezformom: do you use the rolled buttercream recipe posted here. I LOVE the idea of doing this an having them ready, but the RBC receipe I used was kind of chemical-butter-flavor. Tried on some cookies and my friends peeled it off!

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:15pm
post #7 of 8

I have frozen mine with royal icing and haven't had any problems. I hope that's okay? I am knew to this cookie thing, but it seems latley that all my orders are for cookies.

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 6:42pm
post #8 of 8

P-

I use the rolled buttercream from Wilton. I do roll it very thing though, that helps. No one has ever told me that they didn't like it. Also I cut down the syrup a bit.

Melissa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%