Cheap Web Site ?

Business By brightbrats Updated 16 Dec 2013 , 7:55am by reetharose

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:17am
post #1 of 20

I'm looking to start a cheap web site with my own .com. Does anyone know of one that is fairly cheap, easy to use and looks nice ?

Thanks, Lisa

19 replies
drowsyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowsyrn Posted 29 May 2008 , 3:11am
post #2 of 20

Hi Lisa,

I use Homestead for $19.99 a month. I design it myself and I am NO computer or graphics type person! Of course they offer to design it for you at the low cost of a couple hundred bucks! icon_surprised.gif

They have all the tools you will need to use for a website. Mine is simple and I am sure it could be much more involved, but I do only what I know how as far as getting my message across. It is kind of fun to do the more I learn about it. I have had it now for about five months and my bill is always $19.99 a month. Not a bad deal. Click on my "www" below.

karensue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensue Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 20

I, too, use Homestead and love it. Very user friendly for those of us who know very little about web design.

brightbrats Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 20

That sounds nice, but I was looking for something a little cheaper. I don't sell alot of cakes, it takes its spurts, one week I have several, then it goes a week or so with nothing. So money is always a problem for me.Does anyone else know of any. One member told me about www.1&1.com. Anybody else use that one ? Any tips wil help.

Thanks again.
Lisa

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 29 May 2008 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 20

I started out with Yahoo webhosting, which runs me about 12.00 a month, and no set up fee. They usually have specials as well for new customers...about 9 per month for the first three months.
They have many templates you can use and it's fairly user friendly.
My husband now does my website for me, though, so I don't have to rely on just the Yahoo templates.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:12pm
post #6 of 20

I use Homestead too, but I'm only paying $4.99 per month.

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:32pm
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

I use Homestead too, but I'm only paying $4.99 per month.

what's your website, michelle?

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:36pm
post #8 of 20

I need that deal too!!! I need to get serious about a site and soon.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:39pm
post #9 of 20

What about freewebs.com?

psambar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psambar Posted 29 May 2008 , 5:26pm
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightbrats

I'm looking to start a cheap web site with my own .com. Does anyone know of one that is fairly cheap, easy to use and looks nice ?

Thanks, Lisa

I would look at http://www.weebly.com/ if I were you. It's free. Looks awesome and you can use your own domain. Otherwise you might look at setting up a wordpress blog on your own domain.

Have you registered a name already? I use 1and1.com as my host and its only a few bucks a month. Registering the domain itself is about $9.00 a year. They have a one click wordpress set up that is so easy and you'll get your site in the search engines pretty quickly.

brightbrats Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:01pm
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

What about freewebs.com?

I have the free version of freewebs. But I want my own name in the (.com. ) I have checked into upgrading , but I am still looking right now. Anyone else have any ideas ? I don't have a domain yet either, should I get that first or get it from the website, that I choose ? Incase you haven't figured it out I don't know much about this, so any advice you guys could give would be great.

Lisa

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 29 May 2008 , 9:21pm
post #12 of 20

Regardless of who you want to use, it is wise to register your domain name once you decide its time to move forward. That will at least keep your chosen name free and safe from anybody else using it. I'm sure it has happened to many people. They go to register and find out someelse has already chosen the same name.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 May 2008 , 9:29pm
post #13 of 20

I use web.com and love it. $12/month, lots of templates, easy to use, practically unlimited bandwidth.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 May 2008 , 9:35pm
post #14 of 20

I go through godaddy.com and right now I havent set up the site so my DH had it automatically reroute to my freewebs site.....I paid 6 bucks for the year for my domain name www.tinassugarshack.com and it goes to my freewebs.......works for me right now!!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 29 May 2008 , 9:51pm
post #15 of 20

www.webhostingbuzz.com is like 4-6 per month, tons of space, no down time and you can get the domain name free at checkout.

0TNIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
0TNIC Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:02am
post #16 of 20

i use 1&1.com

Ive just half done my mums website for her business www.absolutelyfabulous.co.nz and im in the middle of doing mine which will be www.divinedelights.co.nz

Im not a computer person and i find their system easy to use!

And its cheap.. i ended up paying $14.95 for 6 months worth and thats to host up to 5 sites.

karensue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensue Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:44pm
post #17 of 20

Homestead's $19.99/month price just gives you more pages to work with.

Chrisl121070 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrisl121070 Posted 30 May 2008 , 8:41pm
post #18 of 20

I also use 1&1, I pay about 2.99 a month.
http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=6497466

My website link is in my profile.

reetharose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reetharose Posted 16 Dec 2013 , 7:54am
post #19 of 20

Quote:

Thanks, Lisa

You can get website builder for creating website from the online vendor Tucktail.com at cheap rate.Here you can get service with intuitive navigation, templates, and drag-and-drop functionality, your website will be up and running in minutes ,no technical skills or coding required.For any skill level .In 3 simple steps, beginners can build a gorgeous, customized website using the new Design Wizard

reetharose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reetharose Posted 16 Dec 2013 , 7:54am
post #20 of 20

Quote:

Thanks, Lisa

You can get website builder for creating website from the online vendor Tucktail.com at cheap rate.Here you can get service with intuitive navigation, templates, and drag-and-drop functionality, your website will be up and running in minutes ,no technical skills or coding required.For any skill level .In 3 simple steps, beginners can build a gorgeous, customized website using the new Design Wizard

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%