Wedding Cake Question

Decorating By cakewanda Updated 29 May 2008 , 12:24am by weirkd

cakewanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewanda Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:19am
post #1 of 2

I have really appreciated all the posts on wedding cakes. I have noticed that many of you freeze your cakes. Do you torte them frozen and fill them/crumb coat them frozen? or do you just freeze them for freshness? I have typically made a cake one day and kept it in the refrigerator overnight torte/ice the next day. But I am wondering about this 4 tier wedding cake. Should I bake and freeze ahead of time? What other time saving tips can you all give me. What I would really love is a step by step process of your successful wedding cakes.

Thanks much

1 reply
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:24am
post #2 of 2

It doesnt hurt it to be frozen ahead of time as long as its covered well, especially if your on a time constraint. But I always stick mine in the freezer overnight after baking so that they crumb less. I will also stick it in the freezer for a few minutes after frosting so the frosting has time to firm up before I cover it with fondant. I do this while I roll out my fondant so about 8 minutes at the most.
My mom has always made cakes ahead of time and froze them. You never could tell the difference.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%