Need Help With Castle Cake

Decorating By biviana Updated 28 May 2008 , 8:42pm by libs

biviana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biviana Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:14am
post #1 of 6

I need to make a castle cake for a boy turning 1 and his sister turning 4.
She loves castles, but the mom wants something that can work for both of them (boy and wirl)
Please help me with this. I don't even know which color to go to.
HELP PLEASE!!!

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:11am
post #2 of 6

Easiest way would be to divide the castle in half (right down the middle).

Boy half would be gray with dark gnarly vines. Could be accented with shields, swords, ravens, knights, etc.

Girl half would be white with trailing vines and dainty pastel flowers. Could be accented with fairies, princesses, pretty little birds, etc.

HTH

libs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
libs Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 6

Ok, well if it was me then I would do something similar to LINDY SMITH, I think the best way to go, would be to the castle in a neutral cream colour, like she did in hers, and I would do a dragon wrapped around the bottom in either oranges and reds or go for blue's....then I would do in the window a princess with long hair and a tiara, so it looks like the dragon is guarding the princess, and that way they fit together and wont loook out of place you can always add more to it if you want a few vines with flowers and even some golden treasure around where the dragon is. Hope this helps I think that this would be the easiest and both the boy and girl would have some thing.

goodluck, and what ever design you choose it would be great to see some pictures thumbs_up.gif

lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 6

I like libs idea, or you could do a "front" and "back" castle, front or back could be done for a girl or boy.

biviana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biviana Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:44pm
post #5 of 6

Where can I find the LINDY SMITH's cake picture? I like that Idea. thanks

libs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
libs Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:42pm
post #6 of 6

Hi, me again ive found a link that will a show you a picture that might help you, this dragon in the picture by debbie brown is fairly simple and quick to make you just have to imagine the dragon being a bit smaller, and then a higher tower which is where you can put the princess in. put the colour of the castle is the same to what i thought...but you dont have to do it that colour, it was just a sugestion because it was neutral. goodluck

http://www.debbiebrownscakes.co.uk/magical_cakes/pages/dragon%20castle_jpg.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%