Wasc In A Yellow Cake Version???

Decorating By Malakin Updated 27 May 2008 , 11:18pm by Scox

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 27 May 2008 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 9

I recently tried the WASC and it was absolutely wonderful. I also found on CC a recipe for the chocolate version which I will try soon.
My question is does anyone know if the yellow cake mix substituted for the white will still turn out the same quality cake, or is there another version that is equal to the WASC for the yellow cake like there is for the chocolate?? Thanks...

8 replies
cakinqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakinqueen Posted 27 May 2008 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 9

I use this all the time with yellow but instead of almond flavor I use butter flavor. Keep everything else the same!

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 27 May 2008 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 9

I use yellow cake a lot too. Instead of just the egg whites, I use 6 whole eggs (like the chocolate version) and I replace the almond with vanilla. It's just as good as the original version. You need to try chocolate too - it's great!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 27 May 2008 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 9

Here's a link to different flavors. They don't use yellow cake mix, but don't know why you couldn't. I think it's just to get the white color initially. Plus a yellow cake mix does taste different than a yellow. DH French Vanilla would be good too, I think

www.recipezaar.com/69630

SugarCoated Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarCoated Posted 27 May 2008 , 3:25pm
post #5 of 9

sorry new to this what is WASC?

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 27 May 2008 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 9

I too use butter flavor instead of almond in the yellow WASC, also whole eggs. It tastes wonderful!

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 27 May 2008 , 3:36pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarCoated

sorry new to this what is WASC?

white almond sour cream cake

ETA: Here's the recipe icon_biggrin.gif
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2322-0-White-Almond-Sour-Cream-Cake.html

and the recipe with the different versions
http://www.recipezaar.com/69630

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 27 May 2008 , 6:56pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks so very much for all the links and suggestions. I am definitely going to try the chocolate and yellow version also. My daughter wanted a cake that was yellow for her baby shower and I think the changes everyone mentioned above will be perfect for it!!

Scox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scox Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:18pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks for the post! I didn't know what was either, but have seen it mentioned in posts many times.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%