First Large Order For 500 Cupcakes, Where To Start.

Decorating By Payton19 Updated 27 May 2008 , 11:32pm by leily

Payton19 Posted 26 May 2008 , 2:55am
post #1 of 5

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this question, so please be kind.

I recently received an order to make 500 cupcakes for a fundraiser. I was wondering how much time I should give myself to make and decorate vanialla/choc with BC (just simple piping on them). Also I plan to make cupcake towersto display them,any suggestions on the maxamount of cupcakes to put on a display (they will be replensished through the night)

4 replies
tippyad Posted 27 May 2008 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 5

Obviously you need to make your BC a few days in advance.

How many cupcakes can you bake @ a time? Do you only have 1 oven w/ 2 racks? If so you can bake them 8 dozen @ a time if you have enough cupcake pans. That's just over 5 baking cycles.

Decorating them should take about 5 seconds per cupcake if it's just a simple swirl. That's 2,500 second=42 minutes. If I did my math correct. icon_confused.gif Allow for some break time. ouch.gif

Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

lucia Posted 27 May 2008 , 12:29pm
post #3 of 5

You can bake cupcakes ahead of time and freeze them.

Make sure they have thawed before you decorate them.

tbittner Posted 27 May 2008 , 12:30pm
post #4 of 5

I did a wedding of 400 cupcakes. What I did was make all my buttercream early in the week and bake the day before they were due. I baked all day Thurs and iced Thurs. night. The hardest thing was storing all of them and transporting them! I ended up transporting them in large under the bed plastic bins. That worked well. I also did a simple syrup on all of them so they stayed moist because cupcakes tend to dry out much faster than cakes. I would do 75 at a time and stay close!
Good luck!

leily Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:32pm
post #5 of 5

Duplicate post,

Please see other for additional responses

Quote by @%username% on %date%