Help! What To Do With My Pettinice..

Baking By Montserrat Updated 27 May 2008 , 4:09pm by Montserrat

Montserrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montserrat Posted 25 May 2008 , 12:40pm
post #1 of 4

So ambitiuos of me.. I bought a packet of pettinice months back and it's still sitting around.. I feel guilty in case it ends up in the bin as it expires in July! I bought them for some variation other than just icing my cupcakes.

Can anyone please tell me what little simple sugar paste flowers that I do with the pettinice? I know I went for a decorator course icon_redface.gif .. but I'm no good with it! icon_cry.gif I saw Aine's video on small roses.. it seems easy enough.. question is - can I make the flowers with pettinice?

Any help would be most appreciated. I gotta crank up this engine of mine.. and start baking again.

3 replies
chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 4

I have used Pettinice on a couple of occasions, and will never purchase it again.

I wouldn't make roses with it, unless they are thicker, ribbon-type roses. You can't roll it thin enough. You can make some simple cutter-type or filler flowers for cupcakes and stuff. It works okay for figures, but let them dry between doing the bodies and putting the heads on.

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 26 May 2008 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 4

If you add some tylose powder to the fondant you should be able to make flowers.

Montserrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montserrat Posted 27 May 2008 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks chutzpah and alanahodgson for your comments and advice. Will try just the simple cut-out flowers and if i'm lucky (adding tylose powder), I will just try make some small roses.. well, i learned something.. i know better now what not to buy.. Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%