Silk Flowers On Top Of Cake...

Decorating By sharon57 Updated 24 May 2008 , 1:40am by sharon57

sharon57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon57 Posted 23 May 2008 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 5

If you were going to cover the entire top of the cake with silk flowers, how would you do it. Thanks for any suggestions.

4 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 23 May 2008 , 11:37pm
post #2 of 5

It is considered a foreign body on food just like wires. So not stick into the cake directly. Get yourself a small 3" cake board put some RI or Gumppaste or Fondant on it and stick the flowers into that or get a food grade posy stick and insert that into a cake and then add the flowers. (These are hard to find and I get mine from UK.)

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 23 May 2008 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 5

it depends how you want it to look, do you have any photos of what you are thinking for reference?

if you don't want then stuck into the cake you could get some foam and stick then into it and place that on top of the cake with a dollop of BC to hold it in place.

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 23 May 2008 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 5

one more thing... if you do want to stick them into the cake you could trim the stem, fit the stem with a drinking straw, you might need the fat ones, and stick the straw into the cake, just be sure the stem isn't longer than the straw.

sharon57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon57 Posted 24 May 2008 , 1:40am
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for the replies, I was actually thinking about gluing them to a board and just placing it on the cake, but wasn't sure what to use for glue. I don't know how to attach a pic. but the entire top of the cake is covered so it would be hard to stick them in the cake itself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%