Beach Theme Cookies

Decorating By jessfmaldonado Updated 23 May 2008 , 11:52pm by jessfmaldonado

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 23 May 2008 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 6

I was just asked to do beach themed cookies for my daughter's 1st grade class on June 2. I haven't done iced cookies yet, however I have been wanting to do them for a while. ( I've been too scared) hehe. I need ideas if any of you ladies can help me out, If you know where I can get beach theme cutters, as well as if you can think of different things that I can do. Now if I start these cookies on Saturday will they be okay for Tuesday??? I have a class on Sunday to go to so I am limited on time, as well as I have an order for cupcakes on Monday. If I can get any advice or help, That Will Be So Great!!!!! Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!!!!!!!

5 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 23 May 2008 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 6

They'll be fine for those days! After the icing is dry, just pack them flat in a Tupperware container or box to be double-sure.

As for shapes....beachballs, towels, crabs, fish, sharks, starfish, suns, pail & shovel, suntan lotion, shells, etc. etc.

jessfmaldonado Posted 23 May 2008 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia74

They'll be fine for those days! After the icing is dry, just pack them flat in a Tupperware container or box to be double-sure.

As for shapes....beachballs, towels, crabs, fish, sharks, starfish, suns, pail & shovel, suntan lotion, shells, etc. etc.

Thanks so much Antonia74!!! Do you know where I can get those cookie cutters at??? I have been searching the web, but haven't found many choices. Those are great ideas!!! Do you use cutters or templates?

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 6

www.cookiecutter.com has a bunch of those, usually for $1. They even have a whole categories like "Nautical" and "Beach Fun" with other options I hadn't thought of like sunglasses, flip flops, etc:

http://www.cookiecutter.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=221

If you don't have a LOT of cookies to do, just use a thin cardboard template and cut around it with the point of a paring knife. (I mostly use cutters, but if I need something unique or of a very specific size and I can't get it in time I just make a template.)

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 23 May 2008 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 6

You can place the cookies in a sand pail with shovel when you are done.

jessfmaldonado Posted 23 May 2008 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much ladies, I am probably going to have to do a template for the cookies due to my time constraints. I probably wont get the cutters in time by Friday. I did order some though. Pamconn that is a great idea for the pails and I will be going out to get those. Antonia74 I actually have to do 50-60 cookies. So My hand will probably be hurting after this. I was looking into covering the cookies with fondant, I don't know if I should do Satin Ice or MMF. Any suggestions? Do any of you know how to do a cookie bouquet?? With the sticks, do I stick them in while baking or stick them in when they come out?? This is all so foreign to me. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks so much!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%