Need Naming Help!

Business By btrsktch Updated 23 May 2008 , 4:25pm by lutie

btrsktch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btrsktch Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:58pm
post #1 of 11

I've registered my LLC name, and now need to register my dba name (trade name). I will have a storefront but will mainly operate as a cupcakes-bakery. I also plan to sell coffee, tea, cookies, brownies, and whole cakes along with cupcake cakes.

I would like to eventually offer fondant-only birthday & wedding cakes, but a very small quantity per week as I don't want to invest in all the equipment and gadgets that come along with larger scale cakes. (even though I have a pretty healthy investment already!)

The name of my business is Nostalgia Cupcakes, but I want it to say something more to show I will also offer other goods and cakes. DH is totally against '& Bake Shoppe', and I don't particularly like '& Cake Studio'.

Any other ideas?

10 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:09pm
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by btrsktch

The name of my business is Nostalgia Cupcakes, but I want it to say something more to show I will also offer other goods and cakes. DH is totally against '& Bake Shoppe', and I don't particularly like '& Cake Studio'.

Any other ideas?

Nostalgia Sweets Shoppe? I don't know if this makes candy come to mind, as opposed to cakes, though. I think you should incorporate "nostalgia" is there, obviously.

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 11

How about " and Cake Design" or "Cake By Design"? or "Signature Cakes"? or " and Designs for You"?

lutie Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:15pm
post #4 of 11

or... "Nostalgia Cupcakes and Memory Cakes"?

or... "Nostalgia Cakes"

or... "Nostalgia Cupcakes & Designer Cakes"

btrsktch Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:42pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks so far! I plan to keep the Nostalgia Cupcakes part, most definitely, but I need an "AND" name. Do you think I should focus on cakes as part of the name if I don't plan to offer that many? I don't want to appear as a I sell all types of cakes and compete with the local bakery, kwim?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:47pm
post #6 of 11

Nostalgia Cupcakes & More?

282513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
282513 Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:54pm
post #7 of 11

Nostalgia Cupcakes and Treat Boutique

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:56pm
post #8 of 11

Do you really need the "and more" part? I personally think Nostalgia Cupcakes is perfect as is and adding more will just create too much of a mouthful for people to say. Your customers will know that you do more from visiting your shop. If you are afraid that people won't come in for a cup of coffee when passing the shop, add what you offer on the window. Inside the shop you can have cake dummies advertising your specialty cakes for people to see for themselves.

I would leave the shop name/logo as it is, it sounds really good.

btrsktch Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:07pm
post #9 of 11

Bakinggirl, you hit on my struggle! I wasn't certain I needed more, but DH is thinking I need to let customers know I sell more than that. That is why I am struggling so with the 'and' name.

Thanks to everyone else for all the suggestions!

& sweet treats
& confections

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:15pm
post #10 of 11

I like something to do with your name here. Butterscotch bakery.

Mike

lutie Posted 23 May 2008 , 4:25pm
post #11 of 11

How about The Nostalgia Cupcake Emporium? Encompasses everything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%