How Much Would You Charge For These...???

Decorating By sweetcravings Updated 26 May 2008 , 2:36am by axelito2007

sweetcravings Posted 22 May 2008 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 8

I promised my son i would bake some stuff for him to sell at our garage sale this weekend. Here is what i came up with. Not all that great, but i didn't have a lot of time to fuss with them. How much should i charge for the cupcakes and cookies?
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

7 replies
KASCARLETT Posted 22 May 2008 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 8

Oh, those are so cute!!! I can't really help you with pricing because I'm really not into making cookies (although not opposed to it!). But since it is a garage sale, people probably aren't going to be willing to pay too much.

kendi25 Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 8

I would say $1.25 for each, cookie or cake. That way what you loose on cake you make on cookies... Does that make any sense?

HTH

SugarBakerz Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 8

I think in the grand scheme of things you could get more for the cookies, but because you mention yard sale, people are going to be looking for a deal. I think $1 for the cupcake and maybe $1.50 for the cookie. If you had done those cookies for a customer I am certain you could have gotten triple that. You did a great job on them, I love the ice cream cones!

sweetcravings Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASCARLETT

Oh, those are so cute!!! I can't really help you with pricing because I'm really not into making cookies (although not opposed to it!). But since it is a garage sale, people probably aren't going to be willing to pay too much.

Ya that's what i was thinking...They probably won't pay more than 1.50 a cookie...especially since they are probably going to be nickel and diming me on everything else. icon_biggrin.gif

sweetcravings Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

I think in the grand scheme of things you could get more for the cookies, but because you mention yard sale, people are going to be looking for a deal. I think $1 for the cupcake and maybe $1.50 for the cookie. If you had done those cookies for a customer I am certain you could have gotten triple that. You did a great job on them, I love the ice cream cones!

Thanks for the help. I was thinking the same thing. Plus i have to make sure it is easy math for my son..9yrs old. He will be in charge of selling them. If i make it more complicated he may get flustered.

strawberry0121 Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:27pm
post #7 of 8

Make sure to have plenty of change! And make sure your business card goes out with each item, if you have them.

Too cute! If it were me, I would probably sell everything for $1.00 to be easy and yard sale friendly. Also, some free hot coffee would be nice to set out with them.

Have fun!

axelito2007 Posted 26 May 2008 , 2:36am
post #8 of 8

estan preciosas

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%