Anyone Used Pillsbury Baker's Plus? Do You Like It?

Business By elvis Updated 23 May 2008 , 2:18pm by elvis

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 22 May 2008 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 9

I was online looking for mix in bulk and came across Pillsbury's retail bakers site. You can buy their mix in 50 lb boxes, and it goes by the name Baker's Plus. Anyone ever tried it? Wondering how it compares to the taste of the small boxes.

8 replies
Crazy-4-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-4-Cakes Posted 22 May 2008 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 9

Wow, never heard of it but I sure do want to hear what others think. I only use Pillsbury for my white cakes and then Dr. them up.

Hopefully this bump will catch someone's attention who has tried it.

By the way what's the website address or can you post the link?

elvis Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 9

Hey- I found it at pillsburybakery.com. I think that 50 lb. boxes is the smallest amount you can buy, and then based on your distributor, there is a minimum order.

SugarplumStudio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarplumStudio Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 9

I've used it at work ( wholesale baking company ). It's ok . Texture is a little less downy than a single box, but you usually lose a bit of that in volume mixes. Not a bad product for a mix.

elvis Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:24am
post #5 of 9

Yeah, I was worried it may be different. They said that there's already powdered eggs in it which I'm not too sure about. They're sending me some to experiment with next week before I buy anything.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 23 May 2008 , 9:58am
post #6 of 9

We used it in school. I think it was like any other box mix. Now the very worst part. If your going to mix the whole bag, get a boat oar. LOL. Scraping the bottom of the bowl is nasty. You will be up to yuor elbow in batter.

Mike

elvis Posted 23 May 2008 , 1:51pm
post #7 of 9

Ha- thanks for the warning. I'm going to have to divide the recipe...my mixer is not nearly big enough!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:13pm
post #8 of 9

The 50# will fill up a 60qt mixer. So I hope your in at least a 30. You will still need a loooooooooong spatula for the bottom. icon_biggrin.gif. If I remember right ( which I doubt) LOL. The 50# will do on the plus side of 30 9" rounds

Mike

elvis Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:18pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks for the info! That helps a lot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%