Tinting/colouring Imbc

Decorating By micnmax2003 Updated 23 May 2008 , 12:09am by Ballymena

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 21 May 2008 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 8

Can I tint IMBC? I plan on using Wilton paste...I need green icing and my husband has requested IMBC (banana flavoured)

7 replies
micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 22 May 2008 , 4:10am
post #2 of 8

Anyone icon_confused.gif

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 22 May 2008 , 5:34am
post #3 of 8

Sorry, what is IM buttercream? I'm a but slow tonight.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 May 2008 , 5:55am
post #4 of 8

i make the whimsical bakehouse italian meringue buttercream.... i color it with americolor gel colors....it comes out beautiful.... so i assume you can use the paste colors too..... ballymena.... imbc is when you boil sugar and water to a certain temp..... beat your egg whites in your mixer.... then pour the sugar mixture over these egg whites...... beat for 15-20 minutes , until bowl feels cooler.... then add your butter, little at the time... beat until it is incorporated and smooth and silky.... there are lots of recipes on this site and many other sites..... youtube... i am sure has someone showing how it is done.... i have tried several recipes and like them all.... but really fell in love with the whimsical bakehouse one . i,ve colored it all colors

Ballymena Posted 22 May 2008 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks Icer 101. I know it but by the name '7 Minute Icing'.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 22 May 2008 , 10:08pm
post #6 of 8

I don't think 7 minute is quite the same, but I could be wrong. I don't like any water-based colors for IMBC... its so high fat that they just tend to bead up real tiny. I like to use oil-based candy colors. They blend in perfectly.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:14pm
post #7 of 8

when i make the imbc like the whimsical bakehouse says...... i use the liquid gel colors just like she says to do..... it works beautiful every time..... makes any flower you want to make.... and the colors are so beautiful.... i don,t think it is the same as 7 minute frosting..... that is another frosting made another way....

Ballymena Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:09am
post #8 of 8

You're right, 7 minute doesn't beat in butter at the end.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%