Legal To Advertise On Craigslist?

Business By brogi2baker Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 7:21pm by mekaclayton

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 3:02am
post #61 of 62

I think its interesting that people are so concerned about Disney but they'll do a Nike shoe or a Louis Vuitton purse, or a Diet Coke can, or a Snickers bar....all of which are copyrighted as well, correct? Not saying right or wrong here, simply pointing out that many people (not all) are highly inconsistent in this.

As far as Craigslist....I carefully advertised on there and always made sure people were aware I was doing this from home via word of mouth. I know that most bakers have to have at least SOME customer base before going "legal" and that is what I did. However home baking is legal in this state so it wasn't as much of a gamble as it would be in a state where it is illegal. I am now licensed and insured though, and still do occasionally advertise.

As a funny...in my area there is evidently a home baker who is trying to "compete" with me via Craigslist...I can tell by her ads she is trying to best me....but she offers no photos or websites and advertises that she has tons of openings for the summer. LOL.....I often think "A truly good baker would be booked...haha" Although I'm not completely booked either!

I'm kind of stuck between too pricey for the regular 12 serving birthday cake people and not well known enough for the brides to come flocking...So I still do put in the occasional Craigslist ad because surprisingly, more and more brides are checking Craigslist for ideas!

mekaclayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekaclayton Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 7:21pm
post #62 of 62

"I think its interesting that people are so concerned about Disney but they'll do a Nike shoe or a Louis Vuitton purse, or a Diet Coke can, or a Snickers bar....all of which are copyrighted as well, correct? Not saying right or wrong here, simply pointing out that many people (not all) are highly inconsistent in this"
Now that is soooooo true. And won't think anything of it too! You can't sell a fake purse or shoe...many people don't think of that....never thought of it myself. Argggggggh, I'm guilty! Good point Kiragrl! I used to work for Coca-Cola and did artwork for them all the time. You can get around their copyright...but I can't remember what they told me. Ooooopps! But I did get the okay from them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%