3D Golf Bag Cake

Decorating By puzzlegut Updated 17 May 2008 , 11:24pm by rozben

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 17 May 2008 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 3

I'd like to see about doing a 3D golf bag cake for Father's Day. I'm not quite sure how to go about it. I figure I could probably stack 2 layers of 6x3" round cakes. What kind of supports, if any, would this cake need? And then probably cover the whole thing in fondant. What would be the best way to cover something that tall? I might also want to do something on the sides of the golf bag to make it look like pockets. What would be the best way to do this and how well would they hold up (especially for traveling)? And as far as extra additions go, such as the golf bag handle, how can I add this to the take without it falling off or tearing the cake? Or would it be best to add those things at the location?

2 replies
mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 17 May 2008 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 3

I would start with oval shapes on the bottom, so that you can carve the front pocket on to it. Then I would dowel rice treats on to the sides. Make sure that you have supports every 4 inches, and drive a dowel through the entire thing for support. Fondant it all, and then add fondant accents. Good luck!

rozben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rozben Posted 17 May 2008 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 3

I have done one, a few years ago but it wasn't 3D like your wanting, heres the link http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1027813 if that doesnt work, its in my photo's
hope it helps you out.

Roz.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%