Betty Boop Cake ... What Does This Need To Finish It?

Decorating By amberhoney Updated 18 May 2008 , 7:25pm by amberhoney

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 16 May 2008 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 7

Its a Betty Boop cake so will have a doll standing next to it. The cake is for my best friend, its her 40th birthday today and I am having her party here, I want this to be really special as she has never had a birthday party before icon_cry.gif Actually I am thinking the pink cupcakes were a mistake but maybe I can salvage it with something pink at the top to carry the theme through. It has one more layer and I might put some around the bottom on the table too. I don't want to overdo it, but I also need to think of a way to put her name on it, and 40, and some candles. Thanks in advance guys, I am really stuck!
LL

6 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 17 May 2008 , 12:09am
post #2 of 7

I actually love it just the way it is!

jessieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieg Posted 17 May 2008 , 12:13am
post #3 of 7

Hey,

Your cake is great the way it is and I like the pink cupcakes. But if you are wanting to add a little something,and it is Betty Boop and there is going to be a doll, then what about a garter, with your friend's name on the heart? Doesn't Betty have a heart on her garter?

HTH!

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 17 May 2008 , 12:15am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

I actually love it just the way it is!

I agree with foxymomma521 - it's lovely. I wouldn't change a thing. The pink cupcakes are fine, and the cake is beautifully done.

For her name - why don't you have Betty Boop hold a sign, or plaque or something?

mssweetie24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mssweetie24 Posted 17 May 2008 , 12:16am
post #5 of 7

Love the cake and cupcakes they all go good together. We are always our worst critic. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 7

The cake looks great. What I'm wondering is why she's turning 40 and has never had a birthday party before. icon_confused.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 18 May 2008 , 7:25pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedecoratingsmything

The cake looks great. What I'm wondering is why she's turning 40 and has never had a birthday party before. icon_confused.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

I can't really go into it here as I know she will be lurking around waiting for her cake to be posted icon_wink.gif
The cake has now been uploaded and thankyou to everyone who helped with suggestions. I have known Pam for nearly 20 years and seeing her face when she saw this cake was one of the best moments of my life. It was the first time I have ever seen her cry. Enjoy icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1222279.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%