Airbrushed Buttercream?

Decorating By julia1963 Updated 19 May 2008 , 7:49pm by momof2cutebugs

julia1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1963 Posted 16 May 2008 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 6

Have never tried this. Would like any information. HELP! Were to get supplies and easy instructions. icon_redface.gif I'm willing to give it a shot. LOL Thank you for your help. Julia

5 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 16 May 2008 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 6

Powdered sugar based buttercream takes airbrush color nicely. You can purchase airbrush supplies at a hobby shop or at any number of online resources. I would suggest searching the forums for airbrush information to educate yourself. I know Michaels also sells a couple of airbrushes, but not the compressors. You want a compressor that has low air pressure (under 30 PSI). Airbrush food coloring can be purchased at cake supply stores. If you have more specific questions I'm sure people will be able to help you.

julia1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1963 Posted 16 May 2008 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you for the information. I will have to look at Michaels. I live in Hillsdale, Michigan. I noticed you live in Michigan too. Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanahodgson

Powdered sugar based buttercream takes nicely. You can purchase airbrush supplies at a hobby shop or at any number of online resources. I would suggest searching the forums for airbrush information to educate yourself. I know Michaels also sells a couple of airbrushes, but not the compressors. You want a compressor that has low air pressure (under 30 PSI). Airbrush food coloring can be purchased at cake supply stores. If you have more specific questions I'm sure people will be able to help you.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 19 May 2008 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 6

Michaels does sell the compressors. I bought one. REALLY nice to use the 40 or 50% off coupons on!

skaggs1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skaggs1 Posted 19 May 2008 , 2:04pm
post #5 of 6

Does anyone know if hobby lobby sells airbrush's and the compresser's?? And what should I be looking for?
Loucinda, where at in ohio do you live?? Just wondering as I am from ohio too!!

momof2cutebugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof2cutebugs Posted 19 May 2008 , 7:49pm
post #6 of 6

hobby lobby does sell both they are expensive unless you use a 405 off coupon my DH got me one for mothers day there altogether it was 260 i returned it and am planning to order one offline from kopykake for 160 made for cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%