Wedding Cake Filling (Non Refrigerated)

Decorating By jannanners Updated 17 May 2008 , 7:40pm by jannanners

jannanners Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jannanners Posted 16 May 2008 , 8:44am
post #1 of 8

Hello all!

I was wondering if anybody could help with some recipe suggestions for a wedding cake filling that doesn't need to be refrigerated. The bride would like the cake to be tuxedo cake, with perhaps a mousse filling. But that's usually made with cream isn't it.
Also... does anybody actually have a tuxedo cake recipe? I've searched online and found one. But I was wondering what exactly are the characteristics of this cake? why is it called Tuxedo cake? what sets it apart? Sorry of all for these questions back to back.

thanks in advance!!

janna

7 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 16 May 2008 , 10:22am
post #2 of 8

I thought a tuxedo cake was the "shape" not a particular flavor..... I'm not sure what you are looking for....I sure hope someone answers soon so I can learn something too.....

emccle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emccle Posted 16 May 2008 , 10:53am
post #3 of 8
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 16 May 2008 , 10:56am
post #4 of 8

Hi janna, I haven't heard of a tuxedo cake recipe. But you can decorate the cake to look like that. Perhaps something like these,

http://www.celebratecakes.com/mysite/Squaretuxedo.jpg

http://www.hotbreadsmddc.com/images/cakes/groom_cakes/groom_cakes_02.jpg

How about if you use the ready to use fillings? I'm not sure whether you need to put the cake in the fridge though. Here is the link form Global Sugar Art for the fillings.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=841

HTH. icon_biggrin.gif

jannanners Posted 16 May 2008 , 9:32pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you, I think that is the same recipe for tuxedo cake that I found... but on a different site. It seems to just be a chocolate cake... maybe it's type of icing and the WAY it's iced that makes it a "tuxedo cake"

Thanks bashini for those links... but I don't think I want to use packaged filling. Does anyone have a scratch recipe for a nice mousse type chocolate filling, that does not have to go in the fridge?

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 16 May 2008 , 10:23pm
post #6 of 8

Well, according to the recipe shown, the entire cake must be refriderated.... can you talk her out of this particular cake ?

whittydoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whittydoodle Posted 17 May 2008 , 6:47pm
post #7 of 8

I have a question similar to this one~ I love the kountry kitchen fillings are those ok to not refrig. I read everything they have in them and it looked like there was nothing in them that would go bad. But just wanted to check with you guys to make sure. My worsed nightmare is making people sick!!!

jannanners Posted 17 May 2008 , 7:40pm
post #8 of 8

I still need to figure out exactly what she means by "tuxedo cake" And then choose an appropriate recipe. If worse comes to worse, I'll just have to get up super early to do all the fondant and decorating the morning of the wedding. I was trying to avoid being rushed. But it's no biggy. Thanks for everyone's input!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%