?"s For Those That Do Not Freeze Cake

Decorating By korkyo Updated 16 May 2008 , 1:36pm by Kay_NL

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 16 May 2008 , 5:20am
post #1 of 5

If you do not freeze cakes how do you store them? If I bake a cake tonight and just wrap it in plastic bags (the clear ones) and leave it out..... is that all I need to do?
Is there any tricks that I should be aware of? What is the time frame on how far in advance to bake.
Thanks,

4 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 16 May 2008 , 8:56am
post #2 of 5

What I have been doing in preparation for my classes which are on Wednesdays is to do the baking and crumb coating late Monday night, Icing on Tuesday and decorating in class on Wednesday. So far this has worked well for me as I do this all after the kids have gone to bed!

I'm sure you'll get different methods from some of the more seasoned CCers! icon_biggrin.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 16 May 2008 , 9:42am
post #3 of 5

Hi, if I'm making a cake for saturday, I bake it on thursday. When its completly cooled, I wrap it with parchment paper/ grees proof paper, then with clingfilm/clear wrap. I leave it on my dinning table. On friday, I fill, cover and decorate it and put it in a box, for the customer pick it up on saturday. icon_biggrin.gif

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 16 May 2008 , 9:51am
post #4 of 5

If I have a cake due on a Saturday, I bake the cake on the Wednesday, carve/crumb coat on Thursday, and decorate on the Friday night. I've never had a problem with cakes going stale and find this works for me.

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 16 May 2008 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 5

If I have a cake for Saturday, I bake Thursday, let it cool, then double wrap in saran and put in a plastic bag. Then I decorate Friday and put it in a box!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%