Safest Way To Transport Cake Already Assembled?

Decorating By Katied75 Updated 16 May 2008 , 4:34am by lainalee

Katied75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katied75 Posted 14 May 2008 , 1:10am
post #1 of 6

Some cakes it seems might have to be transported assembled... I'm thinking of my basketweave cake at my own wedding, for example. What's the safest way to do this? Do they make something to hold the cake safely in place?

Katie[/code]

5 replies
mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 14 May 2008 , 8:31am
post #2 of 6

First, Congrats
B: How big is your cake? if it is just a 2 or 3 tier stacked cake you can put a dowel thru it all and it should be fine. But if it is a big cake or you are using seperators then take each layer and just assemble at the reception location.

Oh.. I must add... I haven't done a wedding yet but am anxiously waiting.. and these are just the tips that I have learned from being here on CC. icon_lol.gif

good luck!!
Kim

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:17pm
post #3 of 6

Easy answer - use SPS to stack the cake. It's made for assembling and then transporting. If you want directions with pictures, just PM me with your email address.

SPS (not to be confused with SFS) is easy to use, cheap and disposable. It's made by BakeryCrafts and can be purchased thru Global Sugar Arts or Oasis.

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 6

Leahs, this is probably a dumb question, but what is SPS. I am wondering the same thing as I have my 1st wedding in a few weeks, 17, 14, 7" stacked, and wondering if I should assemble on site.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 May 2008 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 6

It's a system to support your cake. Send me a PM with your email addy and I'll send you illustrated instructions. You'll be a believer in no time!

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:34am
post #6 of 6

Leah
Just ordered the system, feeling much more confident about this wedding cake now. THanks for all the info and instuctions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%