Can Someone Tell Me What Decorating Tips Were Used

Decorating By sunflowerfreak Updated 14 May 2008 , 1:19am by AnythingSugar

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:43am
post #1 of 6

Can someone tell me how to decorate this cake? Like what decorating tips were used? How did she make the roof? The shrubs? etc. Any help would be appreciated. The woman who made this cake is no longer on CakeCentral.

sunflowerfreak
LL

5 replies
Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:49am
post #2 of 6

The grass is the 233 tip. the shingles look like fondant to me. The star tip was used for the house

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:50am
post #3 of 6

It looks like a star tip #21 was used on the white part of the house and the grass looks like a grass tip #233. The roof looks like maybe it was made with a round tip (maybe #12) and then pressed flat. Others with more experience might be able to help more.

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:57am
post #4 of 6

Awesome. This is a great start. But I think you are right on the roof being a big circle tip and then pressed down. I never would have thought of that. Thanks.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 14 May 2008 , 1:18am
post #5 of 6

To me, the roof looks as if it were done with a rose tip...maybe 103/104...and a shell motion

If you look at the top row on the left side...it looks like a flat tip was used ...maybe even the 150(carnation tip?)

233(by PP) for grass/shrubs

16-21 for star fill-in on door and siding

I can't see shutters but I would imagine possibly 2-4 round...maybe play it safe and go for #3

Cute design BTW

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 14 May 2008 , 1:19am
post #6 of 6

You are welcome but I can't take credit for that. Someone (can't remember who) told me about that when I wanted to do a castle. I did the stones on my castle that way and it worked out fine. Hope your cake turns out great!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%