Hot Handed Fondant?

Decorating By flutist14_99 Updated 13 May 2008 , 8:02pm by TexasSugar

flutist14_99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flutist14_99 Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all,
I was just coloring some fondant I was going to use tonight (I'm new to the whole fondant thing) and it keeps pulling from my hands. It's not sticky really just occasionally it will stick a little to my hands. Does this make since? I know I have hot hands when working with buttercream (It kills my rose making occasionally) but, I've learned to stick it in the fridge. Is this occuring with the fondant? Can I stick it in the fridge? HELP! icon_cry.gif

4 replies
MosMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MosMom Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 5

Keep corn starch handy. I keep mine in a knee high stocking (that has never had feet in it) and smack it against my work surface and against my hands. I do this frequently throughout coloring.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 5

...or wear food-safe gloves. I always do when coloring fondant and not only does the fondant not stick, but I don't have multi-colored hands. icon_smile.gif

MosMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MosMom Posted 13 May 2008 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 5

See, sometimes I wear food safe gloves and it pulls at the gloves and they snap a lot so I still use corn starch.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 May 2008 , 8:02pm
post #5 of 5

Have you tried putting a little crisco on your hands when you are kneeding and coloring fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%