Website Redone

Business By amazinggracecakedesigns Updated 13 May 2008 , 9:15pm by gottabakenow

amazinggracecakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amazinggracecakedesigns Posted 12 May 2008 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 3

After reading some of your comments, I took a good look at my finished wesite. I decided that it needed a little work. I am new at this and I appreciate all your comments. Please take a look and let me know what you think now.

www.sweetsandtreatsbystacy.com icon_smile.gif

2 replies
pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 12 May 2008 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 3

Hi, sweetsandtreats270. icon_smile.gif

I am a web designer and write all my own code - so the comments I have may be very picky and geared more toward design than content.

⢠I like the background image - really cheerful and very appropriate for a cake decorating site.

⢠It would be great if you could change the frame containing all the pages for your site to be frozen at the top instead of the user scrolling all the way back up to visit a new page.

⢠I like your photo gallery - users clicking on a category to view more photos. This keeps the page size down so it won't take ages to load.

⢠It does appear your photo sizes are still a little large to have them all on one page. If you don't have photo editing software, Paint works nicely just to reduce the image's physical size, which in turn shaves off a lot of the file size. I try to keep all my images on my site below 100k.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions - but it is definitely coming along!

Erin (aka pipercakes)

Pipercakes.net

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 13 May 2008 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 3

just one little thing- on the "our gang" page, maybe instead of "maybe we will have future decorators to help run the business", change it to something like "we are looking into hiring additional decorators in the future", or even leave it it off entirely. just my 2 cents.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%