Kittens In A Basket

Decorating By mommy2owen Updated 11 May 2008 , 2:29am by Bijoudelanuit

mommy2owen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2owen Posted 10 May 2008 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 6

I just received an order for a birthday cake for a little girl who loves kittens. The first thing that came to my mind was a cake that I saw in a wilton yearbook. It's a cake that is three kittens in a basket. From looking around I believe it's in the 1994 yearbook. I'm hoping to find someone who would be willing to send me the directions and possibly the picture as well.

Thanks so much! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
bafishr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bafishr Posted 10 May 2008 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 6

try contacting Wilton maybe there's something on their website. HTH

mommy2owen Posted 10 May 2008 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks. I did try that, but I didn't find anything. On the message board, I found an old thread from five years ago, that's where I discovered that it was apparently in the 1994 yearbook. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try to contact some of the people who posted to that thread.

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 10 May 2008 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 6

I made one like this with puppies. You could look at mine for the idea. It's pretty simple, royal icing basket handle and flowers and the dogs are made from the small ball pan.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1013413

mommy2owen Posted 11 May 2008 , 2:10am
post #5 of 6

Kathy thanks so much. That's exactly what I had in mind and you give very good instructions in your comments! thumbs_up.gif Oh and you did a great job. I love the cake. icon_biggrin.gif

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 11 May 2008 , 2:29am
post #6 of 6

I have the 1994 book/pattern books... I don't have a scanner, but I could photocopy/snail mail them to you?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%