How To Use A Sugar Shaper?

Decorating By Ito Updated 12 May 2008 , 9:08pm by Ito

Ito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ito Posted 10 May 2008 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 4

Hello Everyone,
I recently purchased a Sugar Shaper, but it only came with very little basic instuctions on how to use it. Has anyone used a Sugar Shaper before, and if so can you please provided detailed instuctions on how to use it?
Thank you very much.

Ito.

3 replies
lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 4

ito, I found that I got better results when I added a few drops of water to my fondant/sugarpaste to make it the consistency of "sticky chewed gum". I read the tip somewhere and it worked perfectly. Place the fondant in the tube, assemble the parts with your chosen disc in place and squeeze in the handle. I found an even strong pressure worked for me. HTH

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 4

Im not sure if its the same thing but are you talking about an extruder with the different discs and you put your fondant or gumpaste in it and then push it through to get a certain shape?
The easiest way is to put Crisco or spray pam on your fondant. Also if you roll it into a snake first the size of the opening it helps.

Ito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ito Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you all for the advise on how to use the Sugar Shaper. I will apply the tips you have suggested.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%