Freeze Or Refrigerate?

Decorating By Starkie Updated 10 May 2008 , 5:29am by dandelion56602

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 9 May 2008 , 12:10am
post #1 of 7

I have a chocolate cake order for Saturday, and chocolate mini cupcakes for Tuesday. If I make everything tomorrow, should I freeze the mini cupcakes for Tuesday, or can I just put them in the fridge? Will they be okay in the fridge? If I put them in the freezer, won't they get condensation all over them and get soggy once I thaw them out?

Thanks for the advice!
<S>

6 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:45am
post #2 of 7

I hope I'm not to late for answering this. I would personally put them in the freezer. Freezers are designed to lock in moisture where fridges slowly pull moisture out of items.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:21am
post #3 of 7

Wrap them in saran & then place them in a bag & "squeeze" as much air out as possible. Pop them in the freezer & thaw them in the saran for a few hours before you need them. I like to unwrap mine to "air dry" for about 30 min before icing.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:27am
post #4 of 7

I like to wrap them in saran wrap and put them into a ziplock and before it's completely zipped shut I take a straw and suck as much air out as I can. Silly, I know, but it makes me feel like more air is out than when I "squish" the air out.

CoveredInCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoveredInCake Posted 9 May 2008 , 9:45am
post #5 of 7

That answered my question too! Thanks!!

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 9 May 2008 , 10:26am
post #6 of 7

Great, thanks all! That will save me time and ingredients this week!

<S>

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 10 May 2008 , 5:29am
post #7 of 7

If I'm freezing for more than a few days I additionally wrap them in alum. foil before putting in the bag, but for such a short period you'll be ok w/out it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%