Cake Store In The King Of Prussia/philly Area?

Decorating By HerBoudoir Updated 9 May 2008 , 2:01pm by HerBoudoir

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:57am
post #1 of 7

My boyfriend lives in Phoenixville, so I'm up in that area every couple weeks.

Are there any cake supply stores around there that sell things other than Wilton products?

6 replies
dreamn900 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamn900 Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:12pm
post #2 of 7

Not sure about King of Prussia, but Fante's in the Italian Market in South Philly sels cake supplies other than Wilton. They're a Kitchenware store, but the entire back of the store is dedicated to cake supplies. Fante's

The only other one that I know of is Oasis in Bensalem. Oasis

Both are probably 45 mins or a little more away from KoP, depending on traffic icon_rolleyes.gif

irishteabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irishteabear Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:18pm
post #3 of 7

I don't know of one in that area, but I do know of one in Downingtown that I deal with. It's Sharon's Sweet Beginnings. She has a website by that name. Her prices are cheaper than most online places when you figure in shipping. I can find just about anything I need there. I've gotten cake colors, Satin Ice, Choco Pan, dragees and quite a few other items I can't recall at the moment. The store is very small and cramped, but I can highly recommend it. Last thing I knew, though, she doesn't take credit cards. icon_sad.gif

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 7

Hi. I live in Downingtown and there is a little (and I mean little) store on Rt. 30 in Downingtown/Thorndale area that sells some other supplies - like Americolor colorings, Satin Ice, etc. She also has a lot of Wilton supplies - and her basement is TO DIE FOR b/c she must have over 100 Wilton cakes pans that you can RENT. You have to check the basement out! She also has many candy molds.

Place is called Sharon's Sweet Beginnings - (610) 269-3969 827 W Lancaster Ave, Downingtown, PA 19335

I go there when I need colorings, fondant, and cake boxes. Sharon is chatty and I often talk to her about decorating. She is very helpful.

The store is not anything fancy and I am sure there are better stores somewhere, but I haven't found anything in my area. On a scale of 1-5, I would give it a 3, but it is worth checking out, esp. if you enjoy the nostalgia of old cake pans!

eidascreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eidascreations Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 7

keltokel thank's for the address store in Downingtown im in east earl and i was looking for long time a store supply.
thank you very much!!!!!!!!
Eida

pastrylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrylady Posted 9 May 2008 , 1:32pm
post #6 of 7

There is a Michael's in King Of Prussia. It's on 202 just north of the mall. It's in a shopping center with a Bed Bath Beyond and Michael's deli. If you want directions you can pm me.

Sorry, I should have said it a Michael's craft store and they carry Wilton...

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:01pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the responses all icon_smile.gif I have been avoiding a pilgrimage to Fantes because I know that's just going to cost me WAY too much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%