Tea Pot Cake?

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 7 May 2008 , 7:51pm by butterflywings

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone.

I have loved all the teapot cakes I have laid my eyes on! With mother's day coming and my mom's birthday 3 days later, I wanted to make her one for this coming Monday when we celebrate both for her.

I was going to get the wilton sports ball pan? would that work or is there something better/easier to do?

If you know of any detailed instructions on how to make a teapot cake....please post them here or pm them to me! I would greatly appreciate it! I just want to make sure I do it right! Thanks so much!

April :0)

3 replies
Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 7 May 2008 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 4

I am a total tea lover so this appeals to me! icon_biggrin.gif Google images (search 'tea pot cake') have some really georgous pics for decorating ideas, also found this:
"I baked a teapot cake using a store-bought yellow cake mix in two 2-quart glass mixing bowls. When they were cooled, I inverted one on top of the other."

and the sug*rcraft website has some info on making one:

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/pans/teaparty.htm

Post a pic!

Hmm ok the name is coming up '[blocked]' so substituted '[blocked]' for s*garcraft!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 7 May 2008 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 4

I make them often. I use the sports ball pan (cut off the rounded edge of one of them to make the "base" - save that piece and use it to cut the "lid" for the pot)
I make gumpaste handle and spout - do not make them too big - they don't look as nice. I use toothpicks in them to put them into the cake - make sure they go into the cake and not the filling part where the two ball sections are joined!
I also pipe some stars or drop flowers areound the edge of the handle and spout where they match up to the cake - just cleans it up some.
You can see one of mine in my photos.....if you have any quesitons, just ask!

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 7 May 2008 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 4

it you look at the ones in my photos, I used a 6" round for the bottom and my small (4 cup) glass pampered chef mixing bowl - i'm sure you could use any small glass bowl, just find one with the same diameter as your 6" pan. I prefered this shape to a truly round one

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%