Great Book To Learn To Use Tips And Practice?

Decorating By Katied75 Updated 6 May 2008 , 6:03pm by plbennett_8

Katied75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katied75 Posted 6 May 2008 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 2

I recently ordered "the Wilton Way of Cake Decorating" volume three. It covers the uses of tubes. It's an old book from the 1970's, but it has sooo many things to practice in there and shows how all of the tips work.

My only issue with the book is that the designs are so dated... from the 70's. Some of this can be remedied by me using different colors and slightly different designs, but I was wondering if anybody has a better book to recommend to me.

BTW, the book I ordered is about 300 pages, so I'm looking for more than just 15 different cakes. I really need practice with the tips, and seeing how all of the different borders, flowers, animals etc. can be made with different tips.

Thanks!

Katie

1 reply
plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 6 May 2008 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 2

Hi Katie,

You can usually find the Wilton Course Books on Ebay pretty cheap. In the back of those are practice sheets that you put under plastic and pipe away... They also sell a practice board with those same sheets...

At the Ateco Web site under the heading "Learn" is the tip manual that shows you what each tip will do...

http://atecousa.net/learn/cake-decorating-manual.html

HTH,
Pat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%